Body Clipping

ARWB01R

My horse currently has a pretty ugly hunter clip going on...I need to clean him up for show season and was thinking of giving him a full body clip but, will the current shaved part and the current unclipped part be two different colors? Or should I just leave it alone and allow the spring coat to come in? Thanks! :howdy:

K

Katie

ARWB01R said:
My horse currently has a pretty ugly hunter clip going on...I need to clean him up for show season and was thinking of giving him a full body clip but, will the current shaved part and the current unclipped part be two different colors? Or should I just leave it alone and allow the spring coat to come in? Thanks! :howdy:

Has he/she started shedding yet? I have been currying, and currying Ashton. His winter coat is pretty much gone now.

fredsaid2

You can do a full clip if you like. Most clip more than once throughout the winter.

If you decide to wait out the shedding process get the black grooming blocks. It's a bit of work but they really help to grab the shedding hair and pull it out. Another time saver is a vac if you have one available.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
ARWB01R said:

I would give a full body clip, get it all the same length. You should be pleased with the overall look in about 2 weeks so any clipper lines have faded with regrowth.