Bassett Hound

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
I am looking for a dog that looks like Flash from The Dukes of Hazzard. Anyone know where I can get one?

TIA

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
Beelzebaby666 said:
I am looking for a dog that looks like Flash from The Dukes of Hazzard. Anyone know where I can get one?

TIA

try the shelters bassets are usually easy to find. Bassets are hard headed and can be a pain in the azz. I had two. One of which was named flash :lmao:

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
Someone has repeatedly been telling me hohw much they would LOVE to have one that looked like the hound on TDOH.

I had an all black one when I was in high school, but my dad wouldn't let me keep him:frown: I think he pee'd on him or something. :lol:

The shelter is a good idea, but I want a puppy so I can make sure he's not been abused or mistreated.. PLus they are easier to train when they are young.

My kids are still :jameo: about what that stray dog I took in did to the chickens out in the yard last year:frown: I wouldn't want to give anyone a dog like that!!

princess73

just one of those days...
My dad has one. I will ask him where he got it. It is about 6 months old now and very hard headed. But so cute....

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
Beelzebaby666 said:
Someone has repeatedly been telling me hohw much they would LOVE to have one that looked like the hound on TDOH.

I had an all black one when I was in high school, but my dad wouldn't let me keep him:frown: I think he pee'd on him or something. :lol:

The shelter is a good idea, but I want a puppy so I can make sure he's not been abused or mistreated.. PLus they are easier to train when they are young.

My kids are still :jameo: about what that stray dog I took in did to the chickens out in the yard last year:frown: I wouldn't want to give anyone a dog like that!!

Training bassets :killingme

I bought one of mine as a puppy and adopted the other at the SPCA in norfolk. They were both akc registered. But papers do not make a better dog. I am sure you can find some hound mixed puppies through the shelter. But i thiks any puppy will cure the kiddies need. :yay:

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
Dougstermd said:
Training bassets :killingme

I bought one of mine as a puppy and adopted the other at the SPCA in norfolk. They were both akc registered. But papers do not make a better dog. I am sure you can find some hound mixed puppies through the shelter. But i thiks any puppy will cure the kiddies need. :yay:

This one will be for the 30 year old kiddie I recently adopted:whistle:

He's cuter than any puppy:swoon:

:lol:

Booboo3604

Dougstermd said:
try the shelters bassets are usually easy to find. Bassets are hard headed and can be a pain in the azz. I had two. One of which was named flash :lmao:

We called ours "Woo-Woo" after we brought him out to our friends farm and there was electric fencing around the horses and Sam the Ram. Well he got too close to the fence and it zapped him. The highly intelligent dog's reponse to that was to turn around and hike up his leg and pee on it. The sound he made as soon as he did that explains the name, :lmao:

Booboo3604

Booboo3604 said:
We called ours "Woo-Woo" after we brought him out to our friends farm and there was electric fencing around the horses and Sam the Ram. Well he got too close to the fence and it zapped him. The highly intelligent dog's reponse to that was to turn around and hike up his leg and pee on it. The sound he made as soon as he did that explains the name, :lmao:

He also liked to run around the pool cover when it was over the pool. The dog had a death wish.

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
Beelzebaby666 said:

TIA
No harm intended but, sounds to me you need to do some research before getting a dog that looks like the dog from a TV show..... :whistle:

MorganLover

you can do a search on the internet, and look on www.petfinder.com put in dog, and basset hound. they should have all kinds. I have 1 he is a male, i would suggest research on them before you for sure get one. they are a lot of work and super bull headed. That is why a lot of them end up in the pound, as well as bark bark bark so be prepared for that too.just FYI

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
Ok they are bull headed but they make fun pets. The one I bought as a puppy hardly ever barked. Of course he had problems with his "esophagus" well wind pipe:killing me. The one I got from the pound had awsome akc breeding and was an awsome specimen. Of course he barked all the time.

camily

Peace
1363161- Dog:Basset Hound
Joppa,MD 443 621-8410 Tanya WIlliams tcraw83781@aol.com 4-16-2007
Name: Iverson
Sex:M
Size:L
Delete I have a very beautiful and friendly basset hound that needs to be adopted to a good and caring home. We are requesting a negotiable adoption fee. Please contact for more information

Geek

Also you can go to petfinder.com and pick the breed and age. Rescue if you get a chance. At the very least google "puppy mills" and make sure you don't buy from one.

camily

Peace
Geek said:
Also you can go to petfinder.com and pick the breed and age. Rescue if you get a chance. At the very least google "puppy mills" and make sure you don't buy from one.
Please refer to my post.

Geek

camily said:
Please refer to my post.

I love your post. Sometimes people get stuck on wanting a puppy. I just wanted her to know all ages are available for adoption.

D

dems4me

My parents rescued one from the shelter about a year ago. I hear he's dumb as a box of rocks, but very sweet and lovable. He's always happy to see me and seems okay to me :shrug: Very expressive eyes and very strong dog. :smile: