Hug your kids

55Chevy

After what is going on in Virginia, everybody go home and hug your kids. I got two grown daughters,and what happened at the college in Virginia is awful. Count your blessings.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I tell my kids constantly that I love them. I learned the hard way that harm can come from places much closer to home....

beerlover

My daughter starts at Va Tech this fall. Kind of freaked me out a little. I know there are crazy people everywhere and that could have happened at any campus, but still...

jenbengen

Watch it
55Chevy said:
After what is going on in Virginia, everybody go home and hug your kids. I got two grown daughters,and what happened at the college in Virginia is awful. Count your blessings.

I count my blessings everyday. Fortunately, it doesn't take something like what happened to remind me. But it definitely makes me weary of the world our kids get to grow up seeing. *sigh*

Nanny Pam

I would love to hug my kids, but my arms aren't that long. :frown:

They know how much I love them. I tell them everytime we talk.

My heart breaks for the families & friends of those killed.

Last edited:

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
Sad thing what happened at VT.

Did you all know that Leonardtown Middle School was in lock down yesterday morning too? Some idiot kid sent a text message that he had brought a gun to school. Turned out it was a lie... but still. LMS had been on lockdown way too many times for me this year. I can't wait to get my baby girl out of there....

F

Fat Momma

Tinkerbell said:
Sad thing what happened at VT.

Did you all know that Leonardtown Middle School was in lock down yesterday morning too? Some idiot kid sent a text message that he had brought a gun to school. Turned out it was a lie... but still. LMS had been on lockdown way too many times for me this year. I can't wait to get my baby girl out of there....

Leonardtown high school is not much better...worse....DA kids....

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
Fat Momma said:
Leonardtown high school is not much better...worse....DA kids....

She's being redistricted to Margret Brent for 8th grade (is that school any better? I've never heard anything about it -- maybe that's good!) and then off to Chopticon.

Maybe her daddy needs to take her shooting and then get her a sidearm for her birthday. OR -- Daddy will just have to go to school with her... :yay:

F

Fat Momma

Tinkerbell said:
She's being redistricted to Margret Brent for 8th grade (is that school any better? I've never heard anything about it -- maybe that's good!) and then off to Chopticon.

Maybe her daddy needs to take her shooting and then get her a sidearm for her birthday. OR -- Daddy will just have to go to school with her... :yay:

You know I have heard good things about Margret Brent. Leonardtown High school really is not that bad. I was just funnin ya. But it does have its moments. I guess you have your good and your bad in a school...

S

StrwberryKisses

My prayers are with all the families and the Students that will have to go back to class with out there friends.

Attachments

• blackvtribbon.jpg
    blackvtribbon.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 39