View RSS Feed

Mac 'n' cheese Sandwich

Wherever I may roam

Rate this Entry
Today has contained an amazing high and a terrible low.

First, I applied for an internship last week in my favorite place - Vermont. The job is photographing all the state parks and campsites and interviewing visitors within a prescribed region. There is no pay, but the experience will be more than enough compensation for me.

I'll be working from about Memorial Day through the end of August, which works perfectly because that is the whole time I'll be between school semesters.

So that is a wonderful dream realized... now I will just need to find a place to live while there.

And then the downside... a friend told me his dad is nearing the end of his extended battle with cancer.

His family and I have gotten close in the past few years. They are, in fact, primarily responsible for me having a place to stay while up north - so I am greatly indebted.

His dad is stubborn but kind, reserved but generous... kind of like me.

So, all in all, a day of profound mixed emotions. Such is life - just have to keep working for something better.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am sorry for your friend. Good friends are hard to loose.
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |