Dog boarding.....

JOEZ

Like I said in another post, I am a new dog owner. I am trying to find the best services for my dog. I would like to know of a good place to board a dog that is also reasonably priced......any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

dt5255

I worked at Pet Paradise before Interlude bought the place. As much as I liked the animals and the pet owners I had to quit. Couldn't stand the changes, smaller kennels and they didn't seem to care to much for the animals (in my opinion), they put them outside and never played with them like we did when it was Pet Paradise.

manda

Looking for a kennel

I have worked for Interlude Kennel for the past 4 years, I also work over at the new place in St. Mary’s County “Interlude’s Pet Paradise” formerly known as Pet Paradise Kennels. I can assure you the pets get great care at both places. They closed off a portion of unusable kennel space as it had no heat or air and the lighting was not sufficient. Most of the guillotine doors have been removed from the kennels to make private rooms for the dogs so that they can get handled more. The kennels are still large; the largest ones I’ve seen in the area. I understand that a special small dog area and a geriatric area are in the works for the future. I must say I am very proud to work at a place that has such high standards for the pets, I wouldn’t work anywhere else!!! Any questions call me at 410-586-1843 or contact me via email from the website www.interludekennel.com . Ask for kennel manager Amanda.

Additionally, anyone looking for a good kennel should stop in, meet the workers and the owners, tour the facility & ask a lot of questions. Most of all… you should feel 100% comfortable about who and where you leave your pet with. Many different kennels offer many different things so you should find the one that is right for you and your pet. For much more detailed information please visit the ABKA website: www.abka.com to download "How to Select a Boarding Kennel" pamphlet in PDF.

Oh, & Hi to Flash and Kicker and hi to Tugs!!! We love you - woof :howdy:

greyhound

manda said:
I have worked for Interlude Kennel for the past 4 years, I also work over at the new place in St. Mary’s County “Interlude’s Pet Paradise” formerly known as Pet Paradise Kennels. I can assure you the pets get great care at both places. They closed off a portion of unusable kennel space as it had no heat or air and the lighting was not sufficient. Most of the guillotine doors have been removed from the kennels to make private rooms for the dogs so that they can get handled more. The kennels are still large; the largest ones I’ve seen in the area. I understand that a special small dog area and a geriatric area are in the works for the future. I must say I am very proud to work at a place that has such high standards for the pets, I wouldn’t work anywhere else!!! Any questions call me at 410-586-1843 or contact me via email from the website www.interludekennel.com . Ask for kennel manager Amanda.

Additionally, anyone looking for a good kennel should stop in, meet the workers and the owners, tour the facility & ask a lot of questions. Most of all… you should feel 100% comfortable about who and where you leave your pet with. Many different kennels offer many different things so you should find the one that is right for you and your pet. For much more detailed information please visit the ABKA website: www.abka.com to download "How to Select a Boarding Kennel" pamphlet in PDF.

Oh, & Hi to Flash and Kicker and hi to Tugs!!! We love you - woof :howdy:

Flash & Kicker give woofs back :huggy:

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
I've only had one dealing with the new owners of Pet Paradise and the only comment I would make is if you have a large breed dog please make sure that they are not afraid of your dog and are comfortable handling it. I wasn't too impressed with their reaction to certain breeds.

resrie7

Actually, we enjoy all breeds especially the bully breeds, but any large breed dog must not be outwardly aggressive, given their size and strength they can do some serious damage to an individual. We are now a maximum handling facility and handle each dog three times a day so it is important that the staff and our canine guests are safe. It is never the breed it is always the individual dog's posture upon arrival. It is wise to be cautious for we have other dogs and staff we must look out for, any dog showing aggression should be handled by our most experienced staff members or by one of the owners. Sorry if we offended you, that was not our intentions.

mkd20012001

Live~Love~Laugh
I went and looked at Chesapeake Pet Resort, in Hollywood, today and was very pleased at what I saw. The "chessie lodge" was awesome. It was its own little place about the size of a shed. Thumbs up from me. Also very friendly and knowledgeable staff. My dog will be staying there in June.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
resrie7 said:
Actually, we enjoy all breeds especially the bully breeds, but any large breed dog must not be outwardly aggressive, given their size and strength they can do some serious damage to an individual. We are now a maximum handling facility and handle each dog three times a day so it is important that the staff and our canine guests are safe. It is never the breed it is always the individual dog's posture upon arrival. It is wise to be cautious for we have other dogs and staff we must look out for, any dog showing aggression should be handled by our most experienced staff members or by one of the owners. Sorry if we offended you, that was not our intentions.
Are you on St. Andrews?

resrie7

mkd20012001 said:
I went and looked at Chesapeake Pet Resort, in Hollywood, today and was very pleased at what I saw. The "chessie lodge" was awesome. It was its own little place about the size of a shed. Thumbs up from me. Also very friendly and knowledgeable staff. My dog will be staying there in June.
Chesapeake Pet Resort, in Hollywood is great. Great people!!! Great care for the pets, with high standards for pets and their people! Keep up the good work & hi-From Interlude Kennel & Interlude 's Pet Paradise

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
JOEZ said:
Like I said in another post, I am a new dog owner. I am trying to find the best services for my dog. I would like to know of a good place to board a dog that is also reasonably priced......any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
What kind of dog and is it house trained and would it do okay in somebody else's house?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
mkd20012001 said:
Are you offering? :lmao: :lmao: j/k
Well, MAYBE. I am not ready for another dog, but miss having one around. We're taking the neighbor's dog for a week in July. The dog is staying with us.

resrie7

The dogs go out anywhere between 7 am and 8 am, again at noon and then again in the evening. Right now most of our exercise runs are in the back, some other runs will be placed out front soon. The large exercise area you see closest to the building has about 5 large holes that need to be repaired before dogs can be let out into that area. Additionally, we have looked into replacing the entire perimeter fencing to a six foot height because the road there makes me nervous. There are no indoor outdoor runs at this facility, it is what is called a maximum handling facility where animal handlers put dogs on leashes and walk them out. Even during our exercising time there will probably only be about 10 dogs out at one time. If you haven't already please visit our website www.interludekennel.com
It is still under construction but can be viewed
We will be at the S.M.A.W.L (St. Mary's Animal Welfare League) event this Saturday May 12 between 10 and 3. Feel free to come by and chat with us.
http://www.smawl.org/

JOEZ

BS Gal said:
What kind of dog and is it house trained and would it do okay in somebody else's house?

He is a Havanese, I'm working on the housetraining part, and I would assume that he would be ok in someone else's house, he's a typical happy go lucky puppy.....