Can anyone tell me?????

darkclown

Where can I find out more info about the commissioner candidates for the St Mary's BOC? I'd like to know how they view area growth in particular.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Their names are listed in the Elections 2002 forum. I'd like to get more info for the ones in Calvert myself. I met one of them at a party and after speaking with them in detail, there is no way I would vote for that person. At least I've narrowed it down a little.;)

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Cariblue

You're in St. Mary's right? This person is running in Calvert. It wouldn't be fair to sway anyone's opinion. Besides, it a personal thing. Just remember how you can tell a politician is lying...their lips are moving. :lol:

darkclown

Elections

I live in St. Mary's. I am most conerned with a rumor I heard concerning some commissioner candidates being very anti growth. I have a big problem with that as I don't think the "services" available are significant to meet the needs of the population. Also, if they would just employ "smart development" principles, things would be a lot better. Anyway, I am not going to vote for any comissioner who advocates a continuation or worsening of the situation for business development in the area. That's not adressing the problem.

Y

yornoc

Yikes! darkclown your avatar scared the heck out of me. I hope I'll be able to sleep tonight!:D

STMLADY

Board of County Commissioners

Greetings to all interested folks on the St. Mary's County Board of Commissioners.

If you would like to get several of your friends together at your house I would be more then happy to round up which ever candidates that I can to speak with you. Some of them are very willing to speak at small groups without charging you to meet those that WANT TO WORK FOR YOU. If you are interested...here is my e-mail you get some people together and I will provide the candidates. I will need at least a week's notice to get them together. (P.S. Here is a hint those that show up and not expecting money out of it are the ones that you probably want in office...)

toni2000r@yahoo.com I know of one that will be there for sure, why I am his campaign manager...

G

giggles04

And who are you for?

I think that only 2 of the current commissors are getting my vote... other than that I don't know yet

bad1032

Its time for Shelby, Dan,Tommy, Julieand joe to look elsewhere.They ALL need to go and get some new ones in there.:blushing: :biggrin:

STMLADY

views on elections

This is our chance as citizens to get out there and make a difference. It is a shame that more people aren't getting involved and holding these elected officials to the premice that they work for the County and not the County working for them.

I know these elections revolve on who ever can raise the most money gets there name plastered all over the place usually wins. However by more people getting involved seeking out the candidates, asking them questions and then following through after election time to challenge them to the decisions they have made we can make a difference.

Thats my soapbox and I sticking to it.

If anyone has any questions they would like to have passed on to Rocky Rowland, I will be more then happy to get you a reply. e-mail me.

Toni2000r@yahoo.com

G

giggles04

Originally posted by STMLADY
I know who I am voting for for County Commissioner President. That is Rocky Rowland!

You rock on... he will not be getting my vote.

G

giggles04

Originally posted by cariblue

why not? you know something you'd like to share?

Not really... I just know that he probably wouldn't be much better than Julie Randall is now. I don't know who I'm going to vote for for that

G

giggles04

Originally posted by cariblue

That's what I thought.

I worked for Rocky before he retired from Gov service. We've spoken and it's his opinion that things should be moving onward and upward, instead of stagnating as they have been. Now, I can appreciate, living down there in the middle on nowhere and never leaving might make progess a little intimidating for you. However, the way things stand right now, the only growth we're going to have is gas stations and offices. I'd like to see the citizens benefit from the inevitable growth...not just the businesses.

Well, it would be nice to have some type of growth besides gas stations, and more office buildings just so it stays out of my end of the county. Thats one thing I'd like to know about all the canidates, how they feel about growth south of Lexington Park. I've met him before, and he just rubbed me the wrong way so to speak. Hard to explain

STMLADY

Exercising our Rights to Vote

I am so glad so see so many who are saying who is going to get their votes. Now make sure you get out there and Vote. You can write all you want to but if you don't vote you are just wasting everyone's time reading your gripes.

As for Rocky not being much better then Julie Randal...You must not follow polotics too closely. Julie Randall has turned out to be the biggest "I will do what ever I want" person I have seen in local government in a while. When I met her 4 years ago, I thought she was pretty genuine...Did I get the wool pulled over my eyes!

I have worked for Rocky for several years on a project on the Base, not directly for him but on the project several layers down. And since talking with him at length I feel he is the real deal for the County Commissioner position.

As I have stated...you ask the questions I will get your answers. Don't go with the status quo we all know what that has done for the county. This is our opportunity to change what has been going on in the past 4 years. Lets do it!

G

giggles04

Re: Exercising our Rights to Vote

Originally posted by STMLADY
I am so glad so see so many who are saying who is going to get their votes. Now make sure you get out there and Vote. You can write all you want to but if you don't vote you are just wasting everyone's time reading your gripes.

Oh I will be voting! Its my first time being able to vote... and bet your bottom dollar I'll be voting!

STMLADY

Good for you Giggles

I have been voting for 15 years now. I will admit I was one of those that didn't vote but I never compalined because If I didn't vote I had no right to. It is a great experience and to me it really makes me feel good that I have done all I can to help our community.

Good chatting with you!