Lowes

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Today I walked into Lowes garden section, intent on buying two azaleas. They had plants that had been damaged in the winds on sale, basically, the blooms had been blown off. I got 16 packs of impatiens for $1 apiece (I bought five or six), 2 huge hanging New Guinea impatien plants for $3.00 each and two New Guinea plants in the 5" pots for a buck each. I didn't have room for the azaleas :lmao: , but got a bunch of stuff for $14.00 I doubt they have anything left. The entire cart was raided in the 15 minutes I was there. If you're off tomorrow, might want to go in early and see if they put anymore out. They were right by the cash registers inside the garden area.

Last edited:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
river rat said:
Sounds too much like work.
Thanks anyways.
I wasn't gonna plant anything this year and then opportunity kicked me in the head. I can't stay away from the gardening thing.......:marthastewarttard:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
river rat said:
I like to garden too.

Fighting other customers for plants is work though.
There was a child there and his mom was telling him to grab all the impatients. I was bigger. He got less than me. :lmao:

johnjrval424

BS Gal said:
Today I walked into Lowes garden section, intent on buying two azaleas. They had plants that had been damaged in the winds on sale, basically, the blooms had been blown off. I got 16 packs of impatiens for $1 apiece (I bought five or six), 2 huge hanging New Guinea impatien plants for $3.00 each and two New Guinea plants in the 5" pots for a buck each. I didn't have room for the azaleas :lmao: , but got a bunch of stuff for $14.00 I doubt they have anything left. The entire cart was raided in the 15 minutes I was there. If you're off tomorrow, might want to go in early and see if they put anymore out. They were right by the cash registers inside the garden area.

Figures! We were just down there last weekend and spent $$$ on rhododendrons, gardenias, hostas, etc. for landscaping the front of our house. We had ripped out the whole flower bed, bought those stackable blocks and created a retaining wall and then planted, and planted, and planted.

I love the New Guinea impatiens. They are gorgeous! :flowers: I could never get lucky enough to find ones at 3.00 a piece. Don't they realize that it's a GOOD thing that the blooms were blown off?

I'll go down tomorrow and see what is left over. I still need fillers for the new bed and no one else has impatiens right now except Lowes (not even Wentworths).

princess73

just one of those days...
Thanks. I will have to go check it out today. I plan on spending the whole weekend out in my yard. It is supposed to be so nice out! I love to do yard work. :banana:

male20674

bs gal

BS Gal said:
There was a child there and his mom was telling him to grab all the impatients. I was bigger. He got less than me. :lmao:

She smothered the child with her breast. Poor kid, he will never be the same. :high5:

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
I went up to Zimmerman's in Loveville yesterday. I figured Saturday morning, they would be so busy. I spent $80 and had to drag myself away. I love that place. I'm trying to get my yard in red, white and blue. Next summer should be the grand awakening for it. I've been adding a little each year and hopefully if everything comes out right this year, I won't have to plant anything next year!!!!

BlackSheep

Crow Bait said:
If anyone wants some hosta shoots I'd be happy to give you some from my plants... they have spread quite a bit.
A pal of mine has some Hosta's that have leaves larger than a dinner plate :yikes: Blue Angels?? He has them growing at the edge of a downspout in the shade-never seen anything like them before!

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
Sharon said:
What do they have out right now?

See any jalapeños or tomatoes?
I didn't look for stuff like that so I didn't see them. They usually do have all that stuff. You know where it is?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
FancyBelle said:
I went up to Zimmerman's in Loveville yesterday. I figured Saturday morning, they would be so busy. I spent $80 and had to drag myself away. I love that place. I'm trying to get my yard in red, white and blue. Next summer should be the grand awakening for it. I've been adding a little each year and hopefully if everything comes out right this year, I won't have to plant anything next year!!!!
I wasn't going to plant anything this year, as I have a lot of stuff that comes back and the gardens are pretty full, but then there was this sale, you see and........ :lmao: I may do a Zimmerman's run this afternoon so I get can the azaelas I originally went to purchase yesterday. I LOVE Zimmerman's also.

male20674

Red White And Blue Garden

FancyBelle said:

Isn't that a Liberty Graden? I think that is what they were called during WWII

Landscaping does add alot to the curb appeal of a home. Great for putting it on the market.

Cowgirl

BS Gal said:
I LOVE Zimmerman's also.

I used to go with my mom every year...she'd fill up the van with flats of every flower there was. :lol: Fond memories.....

Are they still cheaper than other places? I'm coming down to St. Mary's soon, and would love to get stuff there instead of Lowes or Walmart. From what I remember, they have a much bigger and better assortment of plants.

beamher

princess73 said:
Thanks. I will have to go check it out today. I plan on spending the whole weekend out in my yard. It is supposed to be so nice out! I love to do yard work. :banana:

i love to see beautiful yard work; can you do mine :flowers:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Cowgirl said:
I used to go with my mom every year...she'd fill up the van with flats of every flower there was. :lol: Fond memories.....

Are they still cheaper than other places? I'm coming down to St. Mary's soon, and would love to get stuff there instead of Lowes or Walmart. From what I remember, they have a much bigger and better assortment of plants.

I believe they are a bit cheaper and have a much bigger selection.

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
BS Gal said:
I believe they are a bit cheaper and have a much bigger selection.
I think so too, and they get bigger every year. My gawd the birdhouses and wood crafts they have out there this yr are really nice. I wanted so much more. Somebody needs to get me a gift cert from there for Mothers Day! :razz: