Kittens Any Day Now!

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I've got a black and white (the person that gave her to me told me she is rag doll) cat that is about to have kittens any day now. She is huge! My hubby and I have bets on how many she will have. This is her first litter so I am saying 3-4, my husband says 6. Anyway, if anyone can give a kitten a good home in about 8 weeks or so, please PM me. I'll will update on how many she actually has and post pictures also.

Last edited:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Pasofever said:
Psssssssssst Ragdolls don't come in black and white..

That's what I said and I looked it up online and yes they do come in black and white. The only reason I took her.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Bay_Kat said:
That's what I said and I looked it up online and yes they do come in black and white. The only reason I took her.

Is she pointed?? Sure you are not talking seal and white not black??

Bay_Kat

Tropical
nomoney said:

Because they are not pure breds, this was an oops since my son let the mom out when she was in heat and well nature took its course. They are free to good homes, I'm sure they will be beautiful. If this works, here is a picture of mom.

Attachments

• Kitty.jpg
    Kitty.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 252

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I would call that a black and white domestic longhair....Ragdolls are pointed and bc of that have blue eyes..

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/profiles/ragdoll.html

http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/standards/ragdoll.html

EYES: large, vivid blue ovals. Wide set and moderately slanted, complementing wedge

GENERAL: the ideal Ragdoll is a medium to large, moderately longhaired, blue-eyed pointed cat. The point markings may be covered by a range of white overlay patterns. The head forms a broad, equilateral triangle, modified by a gently rounded muzzle. The eyes are large, vivid blue ovals. The rectangular body is large and long, broad and solid, with heavy boning. It has moderately long legs, and a long plumed tail. The naturally non-matting, moderately long coat has abundant guard hairs, with minimal woolly undercoat, and flows with the body. The Ragdoll is bred to conform as perfectly as possible to the moderate type of the foundation cats.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Pasofever said:
I would call that a black and white domestic longhair....Ragdolls are pointed and bc of that have blue eyes..

Interesting, I was told she was a rag dolland since she was free I took her. Learn something new every day. Anyway, if anyone wants a kitten, maybe long hair, maybe black and white, not sure of eye color....let me know. Thanks for clearing that up for me Pasofever. I'm really not trying to sound sarcastic, but I know I'm going to have to get rid of these kittens as soon as they are old enough to go, I get attached and it will be hard enough as it is.

Geek

Bay_Kat said:
Interesting, I was told she was a rag dolland since she was free I took her. Learn something new every day. Anyway, if anyone wants a kitten, maybe long hair, maybe black and white, not sure of eye color....let me know. Thanks for clearing that up for me Pasofever. I'm really not trying to sound sarcastic, but I know I'm going to have to get rid of these kittens as soon as they are old enough to go, I get attached and it will be hard enough as it is.

You should have spayed that cat. You should spay the kittens before you give them away.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Geek said:
You should have spayed that cat. You should spay the kittens before you give them away.

Believe it or not, I had just got her and she went into heat within the first three days that I had her. I had planned to get her spayed right away but things happen and now I just want to find good homes for the kittens that are about to be born. Sorry if I offended you, honestly I am not into having to deal with this situation. I wasn't planning on her getting pregnant, my son opened the door and out she went.

M

Mousebaby

Spayed or not, my cat can't seem to get out the door fast enough! Its a cat thing! :lmao: I wish I could help you out by taking a kitten, but I think my husband would kill me seeing how I already have 4 cats! I will however tell everyone I know about your coming litter! :howdy:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Mousebaby said:
Spayed or not, my cat can't seem to get out the door fast enough! Its a cat thing! :lmao: I wish I could help you out by taking a kitten, but I think my husband would kill me seeing how I already have 4 cats! I will however tell everyone I know about your coming litter! :howdy:

Thank you, I appreciate it that.

Animals4Life

Bay_Kat said:
Believe it or not, I had just got her and she went into heat within the first three days that I had her. I had planned to get her spayed right away but things happen and now I just want to find good homes for the kittens that are about to be born. Sorry if I offended you, honestly I am not into having to deal with this situation. I wasn't planning on her getting pregnant, my son opened the door and out she went.
Well from the looks of her the kittens will be very pretty. You can take the mom and the babies to the Well Pet Clinic and get everyone spayed/neutered at the age of 8 weeks and over 2lbs for the kittens and mom will be fine then also. Mom will cost $55.00 and the male kittens $30.00 and the females I think are $40.00 I know it is not your fault she was an unspayed cat and maybe it is not totally your responsibility to get everyone altered first but if you don't then fair warning whomever they go to may not be responsible enough to spay them and then even more kittens will be popping up and end up at the shelter. I would have them all altered and collect an adoption fee for them. Just a thought.

Geek

Bay_Kat said:

Honestly, I wish the best for you and the cats. Really, you should try and get them spayed before you give them homes.

Roaming fertile female cats suffer from being reproduction machines. A female cat can be nursing one litter while pregnant for the next. One unspayed female cat, her mate and their offspring, reproducing at a rate of two litters per year, will result in 11,800 felines in just five years.

Sterilization saves lives since overpopulation is the single greatest killer of dogs and cats in the U.S. For every human birth, 15 dogs and 45 cats are also born. About 8 million animals are killed in our shelters every year, primarily because there is no one willing or able to care for them.

http://www.csnip.org/myths.html

Even if you did not plan this bay kat the responsibility is now yours. You are in a unique position to make a huge difference right now. You get to enjoy the beauty of birth and do what is right for those cats. Let me look into a few low cost spay/neuter programs for you. Please think about it and keep an open mind.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Bay_Kat said:

Are you saying that you have onlyhad this cat for a couple months. Gestation is like 60 days or so.