hurts to even write it!

Redskinsmama

i am currently looking for a good home for my 6mo old jack russell terrier olivia. she is absolutely gorgeous and i hate to give her away, but i just now started living by myself with two dogs and it is too much for me. she is not spayed and is full bred. if anyone knows someone that may be interested, please spread the word. i would never take a dog to the humane society and if i don't have any luck i will end up keeping her, i just feel like i can not give both of my dogs the life they truly deserve. if i can figure out how to download pics on here, i will post a picture of her, words can't describe how beautiful she is!

Nanny Pam

Redskinsmama said:
i am currently looking for a good home for my 6mo old jack russell terrier olivia. she is absolutely gorgeous and i hate to give her away, but i just now started living by myself with two dogs and it is too much for me. she is not spayed and is full bred. if anyone knows someone that may be interested, please spread the word. i would never take a dog to the humane society and if i don't have any luck i will end up keeping her, i just feel like i can not give both of my dogs the life they truly deserve. if i can figure out how to download pics on here, i will post a picture of her, words can't describe how beautiful she is!
:megaphone: Paging Pandora....paging Pandora.....

Hello6

Princess of Mean
:rolleyes: I hope someone can help you find a home for your dog.
I'm going to take my 7 dogs for a walk now. (Grrrt #8, goes in a stroller)

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
So sorry you have to give her away. If you can, pics would be nice :yay: Is she talkative? I wouldn't mind a little dog if it wasn't yappy, ya know? My neighbor has two jack russells; they are not trained and bark at anything and everything.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
forever jewel said:
So sorry you have to give her away. If you can, pics would be nice :yay: Is she talkative? I wouldn't mind a little dog if it wasn't yappy, ya know? My neighbor has two jack russells; they are not trained and bark at anything and everything.
All Jacks are talkative and bark at anything. It's thier MO. It took me 4 months to train my two not to bark at me.

Pandora

There will be no more dogs in this house while I rule.

Molly.gif

Signed,

Pandora's cat

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
hurts to even write it! 04-23-2007 08:27 PM Screw your stupid vet..dogs can be sapyed at 2 pounds..ya stupid worthless pet owner who can not care for you life let alone that of a helpless dog! Go get a life that does not incluse living things ya worthless wanker!!!!! **************

:killingme

My dog lives better than most people's children. :bubble:

Geek

Nickel said:
My vet doesn't like to spay/neuter until 6 months. :shrug:

They have found that doing it earlier is benifical

"Puppies and kittens are being neutered as young as six to eight weeks. The development of new anesthetics and surgical procedures has made these procedures as safe or safer than the commonly accepted time of six months. The younger patients recover faster and have fewer surgical and post-surgical complications than their older counterparts. There is very little to no body fat to contend with, the incision is smaller, surgery time is reduced and recovery time is very short."

http://www.danesonline.com/earlyspayneuter.htm

Last edited:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Geek said:
They have found that doing it earrlier is benifical

"Puppies and kittens are being neutered as young as six to eight weeks. The development of new anesthetics and surgical procedures has made these procedures as safe or safer than the commonly accepted time of six months. The younger patients recover faster and have fewer surgical and post-surgical complications than their older counterparts. There is very little to no body fat to contend with, the incision is smaller, surgery time is reduced and recovery time is very short."

http://www.danesonline.com/earlyspayneuter.htm
I was just giving a possible explanation as to why the dog has yet to be spayed. :shrug:

Animals4Life

Nickel said:
I was just giving a possible explanation as to why the dog has yet to be spayed. :shrug:
When people post on here stating that their animals are "not spayed or not neutered" and purebreed in the same post it is often percieved by many that the dog was going to be used for breeding purposes which is a big No-No in a society with so many homeless pets. Many vets say to wait until six months of age but studies show now it is over 2 lbs and 8 weeks of age. All of my personal animals as well as my fosters and rescues have been done at 8 weeks or as soon as I get them and I have never had any problems getting them done that early. You may want to mention to your vet that it may be better to start encouraging the procedure sooner as to help with all of the over population issues. Just a thought.

J

julz20684

BS Gal said:
I want a small lazy dog.

While JRs may be small, they certainly aren't lazy. My JR is still full of piss and vinegar at age 9.