New

interracial

New to the area.. Its always weird being the new girl on the block.. Southern Maryland is something to get use to. Alot of separation. Just looking for new folks to identify with. Already in a interracial marriage - or date outside your own race. Im dying here - at this point I feel like Im the only one!!!! :bawl: Looking for people who are seriously looking to start a friendship.

interracial

Less then a year

:blushing: But just found this site. Really neat. I just started working in DC - so I commute. My husband works down there. So Im hating it. Any how - its really hard meeting people. Especially when your use to more out going folks.. I suppose not being the norm isn't helping either. Well thanks - hope this forum helps.

interracial

Opps

Im married - but I should of said - looking for people who are either married interracially or dating or dated interracially.. :eek:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm married, but not interratially. I have some friends in Dumfries, VA that are.

interracial

suppose

I quess I put it out there like that, because then everyone that wanted to deal with me, knew exactly what they were dealing with. I have in the past just been friendly, and when they found out I was in a interracial relationship, they freaked. I was disappointed because I thought they accepted me as a whole person, not with acceptions. I do enjoy everyone, doesn't matter who you are or what you are, just as long as you are comfortable with everything. I didn't mean to sound one-sided, I just wanted to be upfront about my life.

interracial

sad but true

I find mostly people are acceptable to interracial couples - especially people under 35. The older ones - some are fine with it, others are not. I try not to think about it to much, but it can get hard at times. I haven't anyone call me out my name in my face or anything. But body language is a big give away. I do enjoy people who have friendships with other races, or married, dated, dating, or has a family member that has other races in them, because they are more to be open-minded, not pre-judge so easily. California was great. Everyone mixed in. Why because the mexican's out numbered white and black. I think at this point you find more racism on the job then anything. Out and about, no people tend to be more acceptable.

G

giggles04

Welcome to the Board!

You're not alone with the interacial dating/ marriage seen. There are many people in this area that are. You've just got to get out and about and meet some people!!!!:)

interracial

I have seen

But only in passing.. Where do you guys go? Hang out? I remember going into IHOP's for breakfast one day.. I thought I was in the zoo, and I was the animal that was on display.. No seriously.. I see one or two sometimes, but when we go out to eat or something, we are always the only ones.. It is nerve racking.. I just figured getting online would help the meeting process go alittle easier.. Because it can feel awkward talking in walmart while waiting in line.. People are cautious of people, so getting to know people online I thought would be alittle easier.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
One of my siblings is married to a black person. Unfortunately, the bigotry came from within our own family when the two were first dating. That was more than 10 years ago, and everything's fine now. But just thinking about that ugliness makes me depressed. Why do people have to be like that? :sad:

interracial

false teaching

:( The only conclusion I can come up with is, its been taught for years, centuries. It was the norm at one time. It was only in the mid 1900's was interracial marriages allowed. But again, I try not to use the past to hurt my future. I do think once you cross over that line, you find out that people of all races, have similarities..

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Re: clothes

Originally posted by interracial
:cheesy: Your joking right? Catch any fish lately?

We've been catching a lot of blues, trout, and (ugh) croaker. It's been great fishing lately!

Umm...no, I wasn't kidding.
:)

interracial

brain teaser

:blushing: Im wearing - net fish stockings, with thong underwear, and a strapless bra....

:D No, just kidding - Im at work.. Im wearing work clothes.. What about you.. Lets turn the tide you way..

interracial

trouble?

:rolleyes: Not you?

I see you as a person that likes to have fun, tease and jokes alot.. And very carefree..

Hey do you cut up the fish you catch? Im good at changing the subject..