"Secretary"

B

Betty_Elms

Anyone seen this yet?
I wasn't expecting too much from this film, but I was blown away. The story was great, and the acting first rate.

Lee Holloway (Maggie Gyllenhaal) is a young woman recently discharged from a mental hospital (she was comitted for cutting herself).
Once released, she attains a secretary postion for a lawyer, Edward Grey (James Spader). You see thier professional relationship become a not-so-professional one, while dabbling in S&M.

I won't give too much away, but it's a great story of humanity, and the line between pain and pleasure.

B

Betty_Elms

Well, yeah maybe a little kinky:razz2: But in spite of (or because of) that, still a good film!

Satine

As you may know I am Betty's best friend, as being that I was made to watch this film. All that I can really say is...ok she's a freak. Not Betty, but the lead actress. The only thing I had a problem with, was James Spader being the other lead. I kept picturing him in "Pretty in Pink" where he plays a jerk, as he does in "Secertary" but this time he finds a solemate..who llikes to cut herself. Right. I hope they have little pyro's and other crazy children. Or on second thought, please don't reproduce.

But otherwise, it's a good film. Well done. The acting was good, crazy is easy to play. But the one thing I am jealous of in the whole movie, is the grass bed at the end.

Thanks Betty, that's another one in the books.

B

Betty_Elms

Originally posted by Satine
. All that I can really say is...ok she's a freak. Not Betty, but the lead actress.

Hey hey now! I'm proud of my freakishness!!!
Yes she was disturbed, but I bet A LOT of people out there can relate on some level to what she's going through. I thought it was a nice look into psychological issues, without being overly depressing or pushy.:cheers:

Blondie76

OMG - this movie rocked. I saw it about a month ago. Definately kinky! I wasn't expecting it to be like that. James Spader was great in it.

SxyPrincess

Christy made me watch it, and I'm glad she did! Definately a little weird, but it was exciting. This movie went beyond kinky...:cool:

K

Kizzy

I just watched this movie and all I have to say is :yikes: I was freaky, but I thought the story line kept you interested.

Maggie Gyllenhaal had a small role in Riding in Cars with Boys, but I've never seen her before. She did a fantastic job playing the role in this movie, and James Spader didn't do too bad either.