Curious...Are putting pics online safe?

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Everyone,
I noticed a bunch of you have put your picture on here. I am just wondering if everyone thinks that is actually safe or a good idea. I would do it also but I am afraid that I would offend someone and they would know what I look like or who I am and something could happen. Am I overreacting?:confused:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I didn't do it at first because I felt the same. Right before Christy's party I did just so everyone would know who I was. I feel comforatable enough in here to do it. Besides I met half the people here at Chrisy's. It's personal choice I guess.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Well, if you do post a picture, then maybe BK won't have to ask what everyone is wearing. :lol:

I don't know how to do it.

jeneisen

Indy Bound
I'm only really asking b/c all I hear is how unsafe the internet is anymore. People steal credit cards and steal identies of people all the time and it just seems like its getting out of control. Nothing is really safe anymore. I admit I purchase online all the time but I do worry someone will steal the number and use it but then again I watch my credit card closely and I have fraud protection so I don't worry as much.

I just don't think this area is as safe as it used to be and its getting worse. The neighborhood I live in used to be one of the best in the area until some of the apartments went Section 8. Now its slowly turning into the ghetto and I hate it. I just hope I can sell my house when it comes to that point.

Maybe I am overreacting but I can't help but wonder, is anything safe anymore?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Don't be so worried about the id theft - you really have to have personal info out there, and besides if they are going to get it, it is a lot easier than you think. Heck SSN are avaialable from the Social Security Dept online!!! My reason for not posting a pic is I did post a decent one once for my yahoo id. I had tons of emails from guys wanting to hook up - some nice, some not, but none solicited if you know what I mean. So now I still have one up but its blurry scuzzy and out of focus lOL with a man in the pic with me. Unlike sxy or pixie, I really don't want a bunch of men hitting on me that I don't know. Makes me uncomfortable, and besides I feel you should be judged by who you are not what you look like, and on top of it all if they were hitting on ME - they must have been real scary looking themselves LOL Desperate comes to mind! But my point is, if you are uncomforable with it, don't do it. You'll just feel nervous if someone looks at you twice in Food Lion or something, maybe knowing you from online. Don't worry _ I personally like you avatar. and Besides, if you ever get to meet us at a gettogether, then you'll know what we look like and we'll know what you look like then. K/!

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by migtig
Unlike sxy or pixie, I really don't want a bunch of men hitting on me that I don't know. [/B]

Whoa! Let sput on the brakes here for a minute. You make this assumption about me without knowing me based on what? First of all when I started posting on these boards I didn't have a picture of myself up. As I've gotten to know people I don't see any harm in joking or flirting. When I go out with my b/f and his friends I'm usually the only female and therefor get joked with a lot. I'm comforatable with myself and in my relationship enough that it doesn't bother me if a man that I know says something that may be perverted as long as it's all in good fun. Secondly, I don't even have a picture of myself up on yahoo because I don't feel comforatable with complete strangers hitting on me. I'm not going to apologize for being atractive and joking with my new found friends on here. And in saying that I don't think that you have the right to pass judgement on me and my charachter by saying that I enjoy having men that I don't know hitting on me.

WorkinMomma

Originally posted by pixiegirl

Whoa! Let sput on the brakes here for a minute. You make this assumption about me without knowing me based on what? First of all when I started posting on these boards I didn't have a picture of myself up. As I've gotten to know people I don't see any harm in joking or flirting. When I go out with my b/f and his friends I'm usually the only female and therefor get joked with a lot. I'm comforatable with myself and in my relationship enough that it doesn't bother me if a man that I know says something that may be perverted as long as it's all in good fun. Secondly, I don't even have a picture of myself up on yahoo because I don't feel comforatable with complete strangers hitting on me. I'm not going to apologize for being atractive and joking with my new found friends on here. And in saying that I don't think that you have the right to pass judgement on me and my charachter by saying that I enjoy having men that I don't know hitting on me.

I may be new here, but I am gonna say it anyway. YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
OH NO :blushing: :bawl: I sure didn't mean that in a negative way Pixie (or Sxy). I meant that you both seem very comfortable with the flirting aspect on the forums - and you both are attractive and confident females who may or may not post pics that show off your best attributes. I meant nothing negative there. PROMISE K? You both have totally admirable traits - bravery confidence- sexuality - etc etc, I am just not that brave period. K?! Did I explain better, or are you still po'd?!!. I did not mean too upset you. I bow down and beg forgiveness. I meant absolutley nothing negative - gosh I am totally cringing in my chair here - never a negative person and I am never judgemental. Promise. Sorry you took it wrong or that I typed it wrong.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:cheers: to Mig! I wondered where that was going to go. Glad to see that Mig did the right thing in clearing it up (instead of getting nasty like so many do).

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I took it as you were basically saying that I like it when strange men hit on me. If that's not what you were saying then it's ok, we're cool. I felt the need to defend myself. I apologize for snapping. I felt comforatable posting my pic because most people on here already know what I look like. I feel comforatable flirting w/ Joey, Bk and the rest of the guys because I know that "I" will never take it any further then that. Let's face it, men are sexually driven, I've found it easier to make friends with them if you open up to it. If it was someone I had no interest in being friends with saying things to me I'd tell them to go take a hike. But anyway lets :kiss: and make up.

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
Well after seeing Pixie's hot new pic this morning, I was considering going lesbo (or at least bi!)...and taking her with me!

:lmao:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by Sierra39
Well after seeing Pixie's hot new pic this morning, I was considering going lesbo (or at least bi!)...and taking her with me!

:lmao:

Calgon, take me away....:lol:

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
Calgon sounds good to me! LOL! I can't even remember the last time I took a nice loooonnng relaxing soak in the tub...lots of bubbles...scented candles...glass of wine...

well now I'm just so darn excited, my concentration will be SHOT for the next hour! THANKS alot!!

Of course, I still owe Sexy a session with whips and paddles...:D

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by joeyinlexpark

Well darn, just shoot me in the head, you said you loved me earlier.........:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

I will be down in the dumps over there if you need me..

Of course I love you Joey. How could I not?:confused: If you're real nice to me I might make an exception just for you:lmao: