Southern Maryland Brew & 'Que

HighRoadRob

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know about an event coming up in a few weeks, May 19th-20th at the St. Mary's County Fairgrounds - the Southern Maryland Brew & 'Que. We've got 10 bands over two days including many local favorites, as well as a Jimmy Buffett Tribute band (The LandSharks from Margaritaville in FL) on Saturday night, and Jimmie's Chicken Shack on Sunday night. Along with that we have a Lumberjack show (like what you'd see on ESPN's outdoor games), a BMX stunt show - guys doing jumps off of street ramps, and the FAME Racing area which includes a NASCAR-style simulator, a tire changing station - race against the clock, and a remote control station in which you get to race 1/10 scale stockcars against 5 others around an oval track.

We've got a great kids area with three different acts going on all day, as well as some small rides, and Michaels Arts and Crafts there helping kids build a craft of their own. We'll also have a Civil War living history (1st MD Volunteer Infantry) for you history buffs.

And what would a Brew & 'Que be without plenty of great BBQ for you to get your paws saucy, and plenty of beer to wash it all back!

Advanced tickets are available online for those who can't wait, or available at the Ticket Office through MWR at PAX River for military and contractors. Also don't miss coupons in the newspapers, and through Papa Johns Pizza that can be used right at the gate the day of the event. More information is available at www.brewandque.com

Hope to see you all there! Cheers

HighRoadRob

The BMX Thrill Show will be taking place 3 times per day both days so it'll be hard to miss. As of right now, I believe that they're going on at 1, 3, and 5 Saturday - and at 12, 2, and 4 on Sunday. They'll be alternating with the Lumberjack show, and the FAME racing area will be going on continuously throughout both days. Thanks for the interest and we'll look forward to seeing you there!

HighRoadRob

We're going to have Budweiser products, but I believe that we've got a few extras coming that most people aren't familiar with including a Hefeweizen and a Stout. The exact names I can't think of right now.

HighRoadRob said:
We're going to have Budweiser products, but I believe that we've got a few extras coming that most people aren't familiar with including a Hefeweizen and a Stout. The exact names I can't think of right now.
I'm not finding a schedule that will tell me which entertainers are expected on each day... can you give me details...:confused:

maylinduplantis

gunslinger
kwillia said:
I'm not finding a schedule that will tell me which entertainers are expected on each day... can you give me details...:confused:

http://www.brewandque.com/generator/files/entertainment schedule.pdf

Main Stage Entertainment Schedule
Saturday, May 19
12:00 PM Ex Presidente (Blues/Rock)
1:30 PM HydraFX (Ska/Reggae/Rock)
3:00 PM The 25th Hour Band (Classic Rock/Blues)
4:30 PM Peterbuilt (Country/Rock)
6:00 PM Jambulay (Tropical Island/Reggae)
8:00 PM The Landsharks (Jimmy Buffett Tribute)
Sunday, May 20
12:00 PM Tin Pan Alley (Acoustic Rock)
1:30 PM David Norris (Acoustic Folk)
3:00 PM Acme Blues Band (Blues)
5:00 PM Jimmies Chicken Shack (Rock)
Kids Corral Entertainment Schedule
Saturday, May 19
1:00 PM Flumpa & Friends Live
1:45 PM Goombay
3:00 PM Flumpa & Friends Live
3:45 PM Goombay
5:00 PM Flumpa & Friends Live
Sunday, May 20
2:00 PM Appalachian Andy
4:00 PM Appalachian Andy

and for my next trick...

maylinduplantis said:
http://www.brewandque.com/generator/files/entertainment schedule.pdf

Main Stage Entertainment Schedule
Saturday, May 19
12:00 PM Ex Presidente (Blues/Rock)
1:30 PM HydraFX (Ska/Reggae/Rock)
3:00 PM The 25th Hour Band (Classic Rock/Blues)
4:30 PM Peterbuilt (Country/Rock)
6:00 PM Jambulay (Tropical Island/Reggae)
8:00 PM The Landsharks (Jimmy Buffett Tribute)
Sunday, May 20
12:00 PM Tin Pan Alley (Acoustic Rock)
1:30 PM David Norris (Acoustic Folk)
3:00 PM Acme Blues Band (Blues)
5:00 PM Jimmies Chicken Shack (Rock)
Kids Corral Entertainment Schedule
Saturday, May 19
1:45 PM Goombay
3:45 PM Goombay
Sunday, May 20
2:00 PM Appalachian Andy
4:00 PM Appalachian Andy

and for my next trick...
Thanks! I just finally found the link myself and was going to come back and post it...:biggrin:

J

julz20684

kwillia said:
Will you be my date for Saturday too??? I'm loving the entire Saturday band line up! :getdown:

:bawl: I'm sorry... I can only devote one weekend day to my female dates :lmao:

Agee

kwillia said:
Will you be my date for Saturday too??? I'm loving the entire Saturday band line up! :getdown:

5:00 PM "Flumpa & Friends Live"
Is this anything lke that rotund purple dinasour show? :twitch: