Hummingbird help!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I was just standing outside and a hummingbird ran full tilt into the glass door beside me, then plopped to the ground. It was just laying there twitching, so I picked it up and moved it to the shade underneath a tree. I'm hoping it just stunned itself, but I think the poor thing broke its neck. It can still blink its eyes but doesn't seem able to do anything else.

Anything I can do for the little fellow? I figure I'll give it a few minutes to see if it comes to its senses but it doesn't look hopeful. :frown:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
jazz lady said:
I was just standing outside and a hummingbird ran full tilt into the glass door beside me, then plopped to the ground. It was just laying there twitching, so I picked it up and moved it to the shade underneath a tree. I'm hoping it just stunned itself, but I think the poor thing broke its neck. It can still blink its eyes but doesn't seem able to do anything else.

Anything I can do for the little fellow? I figure I'll give it a few minutes to see if it comes to its senses but it doesn't look hopeful. :frown:

He may have just stunned himself. Take him out to the feeder and very gently put his little beak into the feeder. See if he will drink...get back to me...

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
jazz lady said:

You could just step on its tiny little head and put it outa its misery:shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
jazz lady said:
I was just standing outside and a hummingbird ran full tilt into the glass door beside me, then plopped to the ground.
:killingme

Whew!

*ahem* I mean...I'm sorry about the poor little birdie. :frown:

:roflmao:

Hence the term, "bird brain".

I

Inkpen

cattitude said:
He may have just stunned himself. Take him out to the feeder and very gently put his little beak into the feeder. See if he will drink...get back to me...

Yupp do as Catt says..should come around in no time!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
cattitude said:

There are no feeders around. :ohwell: I just went outside and he was moving his head around a little bit. He's such a little thing and such beautiful green coloring.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
jazz lady said:
There are no feeders around. :ohwell: I just went outside and he was moving his head around a little bit. He's such a little thing and such beautiful green coloring.

This sooo reminds me of that windex commercial :razz:

I

Inkpen

jazz lady said:

Mix 50/50 sugar adn water adn mix well..drop a few drops over beak..keep doing so until she starts drinking..put in shady area..and wait..when high sugar dose hits..she will be off!!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
jazz lady said:

Can you mix up some food? Sugar and water 4 water to 1 sugar. Put it in something and see if he will drink...he really needs the sugar.

Just saw Inky's post...stronger sugar water. :yay:

be very, very careful when picking him up...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
cattitude said:
Can you mix up some food? Sugar and water 4 water to 1 sugar. Put it in something and see if he will drink...he really needs the sugar.

Just saw Inky's post...stronger sugar water. :yay:

be very, very careful when picking him up...

I just went back outside, gently rolled him onto his stomach, then he fluttered his wings and flew away! :yahoo: