Wow!

I

Inkpen

AndyMarquisLIVE said:
Melinda Doolittle voted off... :yikes: :shocked:

Oh No.. :jameo:
I liked her from day 1....!!!
Bet she will still get a recording deal!!
She is awesome!
Poor Melinda.. :flowers:

I

Inkpen

mkd20012001 said:
I figured she would get voted off.
How so?
What was she not doing to get voted IN..
Just wondering what I did not hear...

gwa

Inkpen said:
How so?
What was she not doing to get voted IN..
Just wondering what I did not hear...

she had the sound but not the look
I told the wife last night that she would be going even though she blew the other two out of the water with her range of songs. They are looking for eye candy not talent.

Cletus_Vandam

I think that she will do these best of any one who gets a recording deal from this season.

Blake sux. If I want to hear a record skipping I pull out my old records and start jumping on the floor like I did when I was twelve... He's a tool.

This just goes to show it isn't a singing competition, just a popularity contest.

I doubt I will watch the next season.

I

Inkpen

gwa said:
she had the sound but not the look
I told the wife last night that she would be going even though she blew the other two out of the water with her range of songs. They are looking for eye candy not talent.

Thanks, being a bit older these days, I did not "see" that.
I thought she was a beautiful singer and a nice girl.
But the eye candy all makes sense. :howdy:

gwa

I still find it funny that 4 people from last years show have come out with CD;s and are doing pretty dag on good but as for the winner, only a commercial and not much else.

donbarzini

gwa said:
I still find it funny that 4 people from last years show have come out with CD;s and are doing pretty dag on good but as for the winner, only a commercial and not much else.

:yeahthat:

And a pretty lousy commercial at that!

Boxdyn

gwa said:

Taylor has put out a CD, but everyone I know that has heard it says it is lousy. I heard he has been a real prima donna and no one likes working with him.

I told my wife last night that Melinda was going home (she was my favorite), because Blake was going to end up with the teeny-bopper girl votes. You know those, the same ones that kept Sanjaya around for so long.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Boxdyn said:
Taylor has put out a CD, but everyone I know that has heard it says it is lousy. I heard he has been a real prima donna and no one likes working with him.

I told my wife last night that Melinda was going home (she was my favorite), because Blake was going to end up with the teeny-bopper girl votes. You know those, the same ones that kept Sanjaya around for so long.
Blake's a good singer, but his beatboxing crap annoys the hell out of me.

sccrmommy

Am I the only one that thinks Melinda looks like DW off of that cartoon Arthur? She was a great singer,but really none of them should have wanted to win. Notice she didn't look one but upset? She's a smart girl. The winner belongs to Idol for a full year contract. Everyone else is only on contract until the tour is over and then they are free to sign with an agent and start their careers. Melinda will sign first I'm sure

P.S-GO JORDIN!!!

Dondi

Dondi
Boxdyn said:

I actually picked Taylor all the way back during the initial auditions. He seemed so cool, but afterward he turned into such a dweeb.

Melinda was my fav back at the final 24. But your right, tweens had to sub for Sanjaya. Nothing more than a popularity contest. They need to reformat this so the judge's vote have some weight.

Other than that, I'm so done with Idol. :coffee:

Boxdyn

sccrmommy said:
Am I the only one that thinks Melinda looks like DW off of that cartoon Arthur? She was a great singer,but really none of them should have wanted to win. Notice she didn't look one but upset? She's a smart girl. The winner belongs to Idol for a full year contract. Everyone else is only on contract until the tour is over and then they are free to sign with an agent and start their careers. Melinda will sign first I'm sure

P.S-GO JORDIN!!!

I call her Shrek Jr. I love her voice and her personality, though.

I agree that she is going to be the first to sign. Record companies are going to be beating down her door.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Boxdyn said:

Maybe the answer would be to move the show to Nikelodeon, let the teenagers vote and decide (like they do now) and slime the losers..