whats up with???

HappyCats

Bay_Kat said:
Is that true? Why didn't they just use the phone instead of a sign?
:killingme :killingme I think you misunderstood what I wrote... They NAMED the sheriff... My husband couldn't remember what name was written there.

:smack:

B

Bronwyn

HappyCats said:
the "Sheriff somebody murdered my dog" sign on the hill across from Serenity Farms on Rt. 231?

:jerry:

Wonder if they shot it?

HappyCats

Bronwyn said:
Wonder if they shot it?

That would be my guess, but would be nice to know more of the story... It isn't everyday you see a sign accusing the sheriff of murder! Dog or not....

Bay_Kat

Tropical
HappyCats said:
:killingme :killingme I think you misunderstood what I wrote... They NAMED the sheriff... My husband couldn't remember what name was written there.

:smack:

I thought they were screaming at the Sheriff that somebody murdered their dog. I get it now. Well, I'd love to know the name if you can find it out. I know a lot of Charles County officers.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
HappyCats said:
:confused:

Uh... No.

Near the benedict bridge heading into Calvert County...
Excuse me. I had no idea where this was. There was a problem with a dog in St. Mary's recently. I'll just stop posting because I'm dumb.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
BS Gal said:
Excuse me. I had no idea where this was. There was a problem with a dog in St. Mary's recently. I'll just stop posting because I'm dumb.

Must be something going around, I'm dumb too. :crazy:

HappyCats

BS Gal said:

no, problem... I never called you dumb. I thought it was a funny question...

JenArg

I got this email today:

Family Dog Killed by Charles County Deputy

On Tuesday, May 15, 2007 at approximately 2:30 PM, our beloved “Max” a 6-year-old black German Sheppard, was gunned down on our doorstep by Charles County Deputy C Long. Allegedly Deputy Long arrived at our home to serve a warrant on an individual who did not even live with us. He parked on the side of our house, went to our front door and 2 side doors, when no one answered he proceeded around our garage to the side door of the garage. He stated he acknowledged our dog Max when he walked by him. Max, who was on his leash, allegedly snapped at the officer and then the officer allegedly shot Max multiple times in the head, jaw and neck, breaking his choker collar and leaving him to die 2 feet from our door. The officer allegedly went back to his car and called for back up which during that time our son arrived, not seeing anything but Max lying in a pool of blood, picked him up, put him in his truck and raced to the vet in Prince Frederick, but Max died along the way. When my husband and I arrived home shortly after, we found the Benedict Ambulance, 2 unmarked police cars, the animal control van, and 2 Deputy Sheriff cars in our yard, and we still were not sure what had happened. Officer Long was in the ambulance and we were not allowed to speak with him. We were then told they had to take Max with them to do a Rabies test, even though we presented documentation that proved all his shots were up to date, including Rabies. A horrible situation got even worse when they told us we would get our dog back without his head, as that is how they test for rabies! We were told “off the record” that the officer barely needed a band aide, that his pants weren’t even torn. The sadness, pain and distress this situation has caused is indescribable. He was a member of our family and undeniably my husband’s best friend, he spent hours with Max each day, they did everything together. Was his murder justified – NO!

Sharon & Joe Mattia
Hughesville

Bay_Kat

Tropical
FireBrand said:
Ok, here is some more really dumb questions.

What is this post about ?
What did the sign really say ?
What did the sign really mean ?
What are the details ?

Thanks!
Ol' FireBrand gets confused real easy !

OMG, that is horrible. If what the letter said is true, the dog was protecting his property and the cop shot him. That makes me sick. I thought maybe the dog was hit by a deputy's car by accident, but now that I read this, it's just heart breaking.

HappyCats

FireBrand said:
Ok, here is some more really dumb questions.

What is this post about ? Just trying to figure out why someone would put a sign in their yard claiming an officer murdered their dog...
What did the sign really say ? Sheriff (can't remember the name) murdered my dog!
What did the sign really mean ? That's what I wanted to know!
What are the details ? See the post right above yours....

Thanks!
Ol' FireBrand gets confused real easy !

SHEEEZ!!!!!

HappyCats

JenArg said:
I got this email today:

Family Dog Killed by Charles County Deputy

On Tuesday, May 15, 2007 at approximately 2:30 PM, our beloved “Max” a 6-year-old black German Sheppard, was gunned down on our doorstep by Charles County Deputy C Long. Allegedly Deputy Long arrived at our home to serve a warrant on an individual who did not even live with us. He parked on the side of our house, went to our front door and 2 side doors, when no one answered he proceeded around our garage to the side door of the garage. He stated he acknowledged our dog Max when he walked by him. Max, who was on his leash, allegedly snapped at the officer and then the officer allegedly shot Max multiple times in the head, jaw and neck, breaking his choker collar and leaving him to die 2 feet from our door. The officer allegedly went back to his car and called for back up which during that time our son arrived, not seeing anything but Max lying in a pool of blood, picked him up, put him in his truck and raced to the vet in Prince Frederick, but Max died along the way. When my husband and I arrived home shortly after, we found the Benedict Ambulance, 2 unmarked police cars, the animal control van, and 2 Deputy Sheriff cars in our yard, and we still were not sure what had happened. Officer Long was in the ambulance and we were not allowed to speak with him. We were then told they had to take Max with them to do a Rabies test, even though we presented documentation that proved all his shots were up to date, including Rabies. A horrible situation got even worse when they told us we would get our dog back without his head, as that is how they test for rabies! We were told “off the record” that the officer barely needed a band aide, that his pants weren’t even torn. The sadness, pain and distress this situation has caused is indescribable. He was a member of our family and undeniably my husband’s best friend, he spent hours with Max each day, they did everything together. Was his murder justified – NO!

Sharon & Joe Mattia
Hughesville

Thank you for the info... Do you know the family? Wow... it is as terrible as I thought. My prayers and thoughts go out to the family.