Page 4 of 152 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Charles County officer murders dog

Quote Originally Posted by tom88
    the officer was bitten, therefore I think that speaks as to what type of dog that was!
    I'd pay to see the pictures of his bite wound.
    If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you. - Winnie the Pooh

The fate of animals is of greater importance to me than the fear of appearing ridiculous; it is indissolubly connected with the fate of men. - Emile Zola

Tight Pants and Lipstick virgovictoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cattitude
    I'd pay to see the pictures of his bite wound.
    I stand behind Catt. I'd match her wager. This case has stink written all over it - yet I'm still waiting to hear the whole story. I would, however, pay to see some significant evidence or at the very least, hear the officer speak.
    The grand essentials for happiness are having something to do, something to love and something to hope for.

Blog Entries
    By all accounts, the officer was bitten, therefore I think that speaks as to what type of dog that was!
    My 10 month old daughter bit my ankle. What should I do?

(((echo)))
    This is so f'n screwed up it's amazing!
    I skimmed over the thread and didn't see it touched on BUT there is a point i would like to make...
    The cop HAD NO REASON TO DRAW HIS WEAPON! PERIOD.
    in the event of an animal attack, his first reaction should have been to discharge his pepper spray, there was no reason for deadly force

Quote Originally Posted by (((echo)))
    This is so f'n screwed up it's amazing!
    I skimmed over the thread and didn't see it touched on BUT there is a point i would like to make...
    The cop HAD NO REASON TO DRAW HIS WEAPON! PERIOD.
    in the event of an animal attack, his first reaction should have been to discharge his pepper spray, there was no reason for deadly force
    See simple enough, doesn't it?

Dog barking..pulling on chain..oops..better get back to my cruiser.
    If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you. - Winnie the Pooh

The fate of animals is of greater importance to me than the fear of appearing ridiculous; it is indissolubly connected with the fate of men. - Emile Zola

(((echo)))
    Quote Originally Posted by cattitude
    See simple enough, doesn't it?

Dog barking..pulling on chain..oops..better get back to my cruiser.
    no need to go back to the cruiser...lets say he was correct and he was at the right house for the summons, that is conciddered a "moderate" threat level enviromnent which means in my eyes that he should have been ready to use "less than lethal" tactics...translation...pepperspray would be allready in hand.
    it's common sense to know that the dog was allready barking, so he should have known to stay clear of the animal..

I don't know what protocol your talking about? If a police officer is being attacked by an animal, he has a right to defend himself! The type of warrant is irrelevant! He was there doing the job we pay him to do! Now if it is found the officer did something wrong in the course of his duties then I am all for punishing him! However, lets not take the right of a police officer to defend himself from an attacking animal away. By all accounts, the officer was bitten, therefore I think that speaks as to what type of dog that was!
    Hmmm..dog barking...hmmm..I've already tried 2 other doors and no answer..hmmm..should I call animal control so I can knock on another door?? hmmmm..Wonder if dog will try to protect ITS home..hmmm..ah hell with animal control, I can always just shoot the damn dog..

Yeah, this guy has the judgement of an imbecile, lets give him a gun.
    “If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”

Quote Originally Posted by sockgirl77
    My 10 month old daughter bit my ankle. What should I do?
    If your daughter is 125lbs. and requires to be put on a leash when you leave I would suggest crate training her!

Blog Entries
    If your daughter is 125lbs. and requires to be put on a leash when you leave I would suggest crate training her!
    Bite or no bite, it was uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by otter
    Hmmm..dog barking...hmmm..I've already tried 2 other doors and no answer..hmmm..should I call animal control so I can knock on another door?? hmmmm..Wonder if dog will try to protect ITS home..hmmm..ah hell with animal control, I can always just shoot the damn dog..

Yeah, this guy has the judgement of an imbecile, lets give him a gun.
    Is this what happened? Did the officer hear the dog barking then go to a location where the dog could bite him so he could shoot the dog? If these facts are true I would agree with your opinion of them. Somehow I find it hard to believe the officer put himself in harms way just to be able to shoot a dog!