Charles County officer murders dog

allan1058

Just got this email, what a shame....and its here to...

http://wwwstmarystoday.com/News/Family_dog_dead.html

Family Dog Killed by Charles County Deputy

On Tuesday, May 15, 2007 at approximately 2:30 PM, our beloved “Max” a 6-year-old black German Sheppard, was gunned down on our doorstep by Charles County Deputy C Long. Allegedly Deputy Long arrived at our home to serve a warrant on an individual who did not even live with us. He parked on the side of our house, went to our front door and 2 side doors, when no one answered he proceeded around our garage to the side door of the garage. He stated he acknowledged our dog Max when he walked by him. Max, who was on his leash, allegedly snapped at the officer and then the officer allegedly shot Max multiple times in the head, jaw and neck, breaking his choker collar and leaving him to die 2 feet from our door. The officer allegedly went back to his car and called for back up which during that time our son arrived, not seeing anything but Max lying in a pool of blood, picked him up, put him in his truck and raced to the vet in Prince Frederick, but Max died along the way. When my husband and I arrived home shortly after, we found the Benedict Ambulance, 2 unmarked police cars, the animal control van, and 2 Deputy Sheriff cars in our yard, and we still were not sure what had happened. Officer Long was in the ambulance and we were not allowed to speak with him. We were then told they had to take Max with them to do a Rabies test, even though we presented documentation that proved all his shots were up to date, including Rabies. A horrible situation got even worse when they told us we would get our dog back without his head, as that is how they test for rabies! We were told “off the record” that the officer barely needed a band aide, that his pants weren’t even torn. The sadness, pain and distress this situation has caused is indescribable. He was a member of our family and undeniably my husband’s best friend, he spent hours with Max each day, they did everything together. Was his murder justified – NO!

Sharon & Joe Mattia
Hughesville
301-274-3434 (Home)
301-848-9446 (Cell)

88stringslouie

Read the story

Since the officer used deadly force, I would put the burden on the sheriff's dept. to show documentation that this person being summoned in fact had that address.
If they can't, I'd hire the best damned attorney in Washington D.C. and go after the cop and the department for millions.

If they shot my dog and had the wrong house (with no documentation), I would call the national SPCA and let them take the case to a national level.

In this case, I think that would be a very good place to start.

TexasSunflower

Support Our Troops!
allan1058 said:

On Tuesday, May 15, 2007 at approximately 2:30 PM, our beloved “Max” a 6-year-old black German Sheppard, was gunned down on our doorstep by Charles County Deputy C Long. Allegedly Deputy Long arrived at our home to serve a warrant on an individual who did not even live with us. He parked on the side of our house, went to our front door and 2 side doors, when no one answered he proceeded around our garage to the side door of the garage. He stated he acknowledged our dog Max when he walked by him. Max, who was on his leash, allegedly snapped at the officer and then the officer allegedly shot Max multiple times in the head, jaw and neck, breaking his choker collar and leaving him to die 2 feet from our door. The officer allegedly went back to his car and called for back up which during that time our son arrived, not seeing anything but Max lying in a pool of blood, picked him up, put him in his truck and raced to the vet in Prince Frederick, but Max died along the way. When my husband and I arrived home shortly after, we found the Benedict Ambulance, 2 unmarked police cars, the animal control van, and 2 Deputy Sheriff cars in our yard, and we still were not sure what had happened. Officer Long was in the ambulance and we were not allowed to speak with him. We were then told they had to take Max with them to do a Rabies test, even though we presented documentation that proved all his shots were up to date, including Rabies. A horrible situation got even worse when they told us we would get our dog back without his head, as that is how they test for rabies! We were told “off the record” that the officer barely needed a band aide, that his pants weren’t even torn. The sadness, pain and distress this situation has caused is indescribable. He was a member of our family and undeniably my husband’s best friend, he spent hours with Max each day, they did everything together. Was his murder justified – NO!

Sharon & Joe Mattia
Hughesville
301-274-3434 (Home)
301-848-9446 (Cell)

That is just a darn shame! I know I would be getting a lawyer!

christy217

I can't imagine this! The dog was protecting his turf, even if he did growl, bark, whatever. I know there are good cops and bad cops, but I don't care for them at all, and I have people in my family that are cops.

I would be doing something to make sure my story was heard too.

I once hit an animal, my cousin's dog, I was only going 30 mpg but the dog literally came out of no where. I was so upset, I starting throwing up and hyperventalating. When I went to get help from a neighbor they thought I hit a person I was so distraught. I could not even drive home after that, I had to leave my car at my father's house that night.

These poor people.

SLIM

allan1058 said:

Sharon & Joe Mattia
Hughesville
301-274-3434 (Home)
301-848-9446 (Cell)
First of all, how come your son did not see the officer at your house when he discovered Max? Was the Sheriff 'hiding' or something?
Second, do you have a "Beware of the Dog" sign posted?
If not , you may not be able to do anything at all.
I'm so sorry you lost Max, especially the way you did. I would definately make sure the whole world knew about it. Call '7 on your Side' or something.
Certainly the dog may have reacted in a 'threatening' manner but pulling a gun out and shooting him was UNCALLED for, especially when he was on a leash.
Good Luck in whatever you do. :patriot:

88stringslouie

Something Stinks Bad!

This officer is saying that the dog attacked him.
I know that if my dog was not tied and someone pulled up in a car, that
dog would be barking like hell and around to the front of the house before the guy got out of the car. What the heck was this cop doing trapesing around this gentleman's property serving a warrant. Knock on the front door and if there ain't nobody there, LEAVE!

A six year old could tell this was a crock from the get go. And this guy (from the news report on TV) was involved with two other shootings of dogs. This guy needs to be investigated and the sheriff needs to ask why these people are roaming around the outside of a house, when clearly there is no one home.

If the dog was tied, a good vet would be able to tell if there was stress caused by the dog tugging on the lead. If the owner provided documentation that the dog had rabies shots (and if I was the owner), I would have sicked another 10 rottweilers on the guy, telling me he has to take my dog for rabies and they need the head. What a line of Bull$$$$.

I hope the owner digs up Johnny Cochran and SUES THE LIVING S$$t out of the ENTIRE DEPARTMENT!

:tantrum :tantrum :tantrum :tantrum

camily

Peace
I know this cop personally. He is NOT at all a mean "dog killer". I will defend him until the end. He is a great man with a great family. Very gentle actually. I have known the family for over three years.

camily

Peace
88stringslouie said:
Since the officer used deadly force, I would put the burden on the sheriff's dept. to show documentation that this person being summoned in fact had that address.
If they can't, I'd hire the best damned attorney in Washington D.C. and go after the cop and the department for millions.

If they shot my dog and had the wrong house (with no documentation), I would call the national SPCA and let them take the case to a national level.

In this case, I think that would be a very good place to start.
The father refrained from stating that it was the last known address of his ESTRANGED SON. So yes, they had reason to be there.

camily

Peace
Charles County officer ... 05-19-2007 11:12 PM So go hug your dog killer, glad hes got one slut for a friend...
And one has anything to do with the other ball-less red giver how?

88stringslouie

No documentation?

It's my understanding that the police had no documentation that showed this guy's estranged son ever lived at that address.

Forgetting all that, why did the cop shoot the dog 7 times?
Tell me, what dog have you ever seen that would not succumb to one bullet, let alone 7? That's ridiculous and downright crazy.

I still say there is hogwash going on here. That dog was NOT loose or he would have ran around the front before the cop got out of his car. If the dog broke the leash, there would be proof of that.

Many agencies have to inventory all their ammo. Do they do that in Charles County? If so, is there in fact seven bullets missing from that officer's weapon?
If this is the case, he should be questioned as to why he shot 7 times at the dog. Is he that poor of a shot that he can't hit a dog a point blank range? If the officer is in control of his weapon, there is no way in H$LL that he couldn't shoot the dog. Come on, this story reaks man! Why is it on record that this guy has shot two other dogs? This was in the report on Channel 7.

I say that the guy gets a super high class lawyer to have this thing investigated. I would like to know why he's shot two other dogs.

88stringslouie

And further more

Knowing someone for three years (unless you are married to them, and don't even take that at face value) does not give you much of a character reference.

What the heck does knowing his family have anything to do with this guy shooting a dog? I say that a lawyer needs to subpeona the medical records due to the helacious bite that this "rabid and ferocious" dog inflicted.

I want to know why this guy has shot THREE dogs. I'm telling you, that is plain and downright nasty.

camily

Peace
88stringslouie said:
It's my understanding that the police had no documentation that showed this guy's estranged son ever lived at that address.

Forgetting all that, why did the cop shoot the dog 7 times?
Tell me, what dog have you ever seen that would not succumb to one bullet, let alone 7? That's ridiculous and downright crazy.

I still say there is hogwash going on here. That dog was NOT loose or he would have ran around the front before the cop got out of his car. If the dog broke the leash, there would be proof of that.

Many agencies have to inventory all their ammo. Do they do that in Charles County? If so, is there in fact seven bullets missing from that officer's weapon?
If this is the case, he should be questioned as to why he shot 7 times at the dog. Is he that poor of a shot that he can't hit a dog a point blank range? If the officer is in control of his weapon, there is no way in H$LL that he couldn't shoot the dog. Come on, this story reaks man! Why is it on record that this guy has shot two other dogs? This was in the report on Channel 7.

I say that the guy gets a super high class lawyer to have this thing investigated. I would like to know why he's shot two other dogs.
There are many unanswered questions. Until I hear otherwise, I will assume he did his best.

camily

Peace
Date Comment
Charles County officer ... 05-19-2007 11:24 PM If the slut shoe fits...and the balls are on the dog he killed..like hes got any..so you aint his friend Slut ho?

Another brilliant coment.

Lilypad

camily said:
I know this cop personally. He is NOT at all a mean "dog killer". I will defend him until the end. He is a great man with a great family. Very gentle actually. I have known the family for over three years.
Everyone should have a friend like you camily :huggy: -BUT something just doesn't sound right. I cannot imagine the grief of the owners. BTW do you know the owners of the dog? Just curious.

kalmd

Does this forum have a moderator who can merge this thread with the already existing one that is several pages long?

camily

Peace
Lilypad said:
Everyone should have a friend like you camily :huggy: -BUT something just doesn't sound right. I cannot imagine the grief of the owners. BTW do you know the owners of the dog? Just curious.
No. Also, I have three dogs, one cat, a snake and many fish. I work for a vet and rescue and foster dogs. I also just happen to know this man personally and he has been at my house with my Rottie and Chessie (and beyotch of a terrier mix that I love to death!).