Husbands vs Horses

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
What would you do if your SO said that the only way you could stay together is that you give up horses forever?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Sadielady said:
What would you do if your SO said that the only way you could stay together is that you give up horses forever?

1. Tell him bye not to let the door hit him in the arse..

2. Tell him I won't miss him.

3. Pack his bags..

Loper

Animal Poor!
Sadielady said:

I'd say "before you go, can you fix a couple of fence boards" :whistle:

S

saddlesore

Sadielady said:
I would never be with someone who would say that in the first place. Has this happened to you Shady? Share your pain with us... :poorbaby:

hbic

Sadielady said:

Men...they're always so jealous of the time we spend with the horses, at shows, with horse friends, talking about horses, posting/reading on horse forums...as far as I'm concerned...they need to suck it up.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
I was with a horse girl for about 2 years. I had never dealt with them at all before. I had fun, I wanted to get into Steer wrestling but after I broke my arm I couldn't. It wasn't just horses with her though, it was her 14 dogs 6 cats and heck I can't even remember what else. I got tired of the animals coming first, always. I just knew I wouldn't be happy in the long run. Call me a bad person if you want but I just couldn't come second to an animal. I knew it was like this when I had a surgery go wrong, and she was not by my side, she was out playing with her dogs.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Magnum said:
I was with a horse girl for about 2 years. I had never dealt with them at all before. I had fun, I wanted to get into Steer wrestling but after I broke my arm I couldn't. It wasn't just horses with her though, it was her 14 dogs 6 cats and heck I can't even remember what else. I got tired of the animals coming first, always. I just knew I wouldn't be happy in the long run. Call me a bad person if you want but I just couldn't come second to an animal. I knew it was like this when I had a surgery go wrong, and she was not by my side, she was out playing with her dogs.
perfect.

I told Rottncop I wouldn't marry him UNLESS we had horses. He knew it going into this 30 year relationship..... :ohwell:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
happyappygirl said:
perfect.

I told Rottncop I wouldn't marry him UNLESS we had horses. He knew it going into this 30 year relationship..... :ohwell:
I never realized that someone would be so dedicated to their animals, I guess I learned a lot out of it.

I became a good farm hand, got good at towing horses around, fixing fences, fixing stalls, grading riding rings..... What was I thinking :lmao:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Magnum said:
I never realized that someone would be so dedicated to their animals, I guess I learned a lot out of it.

I became a good farm hand, got good at towing horses around, fixing fences, fixing stalls, grading riding rings..... What was I thinking :lmao:

Between mom and the animals we cant go anywhere together (not that I would want to) I have to feed 3 X day. I have some that get meds..and I dont trust anyone else to do it like I do..

If you remember last year they thought I had a heart attack and kept me in the hospital..I would not take pain meds or sleep until I gave feeding directions to someone..

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Pasofever said:
Between mom and the animals we cant go anywhere together (not that I would want to) I have to feed 3 X day. I have some that get meds..and I dont trust anyone else to do it like I do..

If you remember last year they thought I had a heart attack and kept me in the hospital..I would not take pain meds or sleep until I gave feeding directions to someone..
Please don't take offense but from what I have seen that is the horse person mentality. I mean good for ya'll doing what you love so go for it :yay: I know I couldn't do that but I did support her as much as I could. I was helping her pretty much every evening when I got off work. I was fine with everything until I learned that she put animals before her family. TO me family always comes first.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Magnum said:

see all that means RC gets to have all the tonka toys he wants....and we could certainly both have worse habits. At least it keeps us together.

I never imaged that when i got MY first horse he would say....OK that one is mine now let's find YOURS :lol: I kind of figured i'd be on my own once i got it. I got lucky.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Magnum said:
Please don't take offense but from what I have seen that is the horse person mentality. I mean good for ya'll doing what you love so go for it :yay: I know I couldn't do that but I did support her as much as I could. I was helping her pretty much every evening when I got off work. I was fine with everything until I learned that she put animals before her family. TO me family always comes first.

No offense...they depend on us...honestly I had the orphans and a special needs horse and they took alot of special attention.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
happyappygirl said:
see all that means RC gets to have all the tonka toys he wants....and we could certainly both have worse habits. At least it keeps us together.

I never imaged that when i got MY first horse he would say....OK that one is mine now let's find YOURS :lol: I kind of figured i'd be on my own once i got it. I got lucky.
Oh I had fun and enjoyed it don't get me wrong. I would go get my cousins tractor and work on the ring, play with power tools, and I had fun riding. Sometimes I miss it, being on the farm working with the horses, taking road trips to pick them up or going to explore new places.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
saddlesore said:
I would never be with someone who would say that in the first place. Has this happened to you Shady? Share your pain with us... :poorbaby:
No pain anymore.... When I moved up here I had to give up horses for the first two years. I have had horses my entire life. I was like a fish out of water. I thought we would be moving back to FL after those two years, but alas we may be here forever it seems... With all the horse stuff I have been doing the last couple of years again I can see the threats on the horizon. I figure this time he can pack sand.