More down on the flower farm...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...while picking gerbers this afternoon...

...about 4 foot.

Attachments

• may232007snake.JPG
    may232007snake.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 263
  • maysnake2007.JPG
    maysnake2007.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 193
  • maysnake32007.JPG
    maysnake32007.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 198

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I wish that you had put the word "snake" in your title of this thread.

It would have saved me from being skeeved out.

:bonk:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Because...

Pasofever said:
Why the gloves? Sissy :whistle:

...I had to crawl around under the benches and chase the little effer all over hell's...errr...Larry's half acre to get him out and if I'm gonna get bit it's gonna most likely be on the hand. :larry:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Larry Gude said:
...I had to crawl around under the benches and chase the little effer all over hell's...errr...Larry's half acre to get him out and if I'm gonna get bit it's gonna most likely be on the hand. :larry:

:lmao: If ya do it right you wont get bit...I have never been bit :knockingonmywoodenhead:

D

dems4me

kwillia said:
Your a gardener now... snakes are your friend.

I'm sure there's a few out there. Tonight I'll make sure to look :jameo: :jameo:

If I see a snake though.. that's it for gardening.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Larry Gude said:
...we found big brothers skin yesterday; about 7'

Yeah hubby came in the house the other day out of breath..said he saw one crossing the dirt road and head and tail were in the grass..I said YEAH

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

dems4me said:
Why'd you bring him in the house? :shrug:

...it's two acres of greenhouse space. There's lots of ways to slither in and out. All kinds of good places to help him shed. He actually lost it in a table of gerbs; rubbed against the pots to get out of it.

:flowers:

D

dems4me

Larry Gude said:
...it's two acres of greenhouse space. There's lots of ways to slither in and out. All kinds of good places to help him shed. He actually lost it in a table of gerbs; rubbed against the pots to get out of it.

:flowers:

:barf: I really am trying to get better about snakes this year. So I guess I shuold learn about this shedding stuff too :barf:

Nanny Pam

dems4me said:
I'm sure there's a few out there. Tonight I'll make sure to look :jameo: :jameo:

If I see a snake though.. that's it for gardening.
I'm with you, Momma! A good snake is a dead snake. :jameo:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

vraiblonde said:
How did the ladies react to that? :lol:

...it's funny you should ask. :lmao:

Typh calls me on her cell (I'm in the office) 'Shriek! It's a snake! Shriek!

Be right there.

Mind you, this is after working until 7 last night as a group and finding the 7 foot skin in another table. So, there's that stage set.

Liz, our erstwhile hippie/vegan/flower child is GONE. She's as far out of the area as she can be and still be in the greenhouse. Incidentally, other than snakes, she is the most industrious of the group, always looking for the next thing to do, pitch in.

Adam, our resident goof/burn out is just giggling up a storm and somewhat like a puppy when something, anything, happens.

Typh is 1/2 way to Liz.

And Erin, all 5' of her is up under the tables trying to get a better look.

Allyn is taking it all in as the mature elder of the group (Bryan is on the road)

So, I go up under the tables because I have to SHOW SNAKE gone or I'll never see Liz again.

I end up flinging him Erin's direction, who just is happy to be part of the great snake chase as can be. Bastard did a double take around a couple wires and when I pulled him loose he took a swipe at me. So, Erin is like hightailing it out of there as best she can given the tables are 32" over our heads.

So, I get him under control, knees all scuffed up, and everyone wants to see him and pet him.

Except for Liz.

:lmao:

It was a freaking riot for a bit and added some salt and pepper to yet one more tedious day of poesy packing.