Board of Ed circumvents County Commissioners

thegreatsnozz

It looks like the BOE blew off the county commissioners budget work session in either an act of ignorance or defiance. Probably both.
I don't think the Good Doctor Martirano really cares about the budget. At least as far as the Stem Program goes, He has already directed his maintenance department to construct the classrooms at Spring Ridge Middle School with or without the budget increase. The equipment will be paid for by the schools yearly equipment replacement budget. The teachers will be provided by either by FTE's being freed up by retirements or whatever the county gives the BOE. What this means is somewhere, class size will increase to forward this program. Pretty slick actually, that way the affluent white children will have to go to spring ridge to take the class and this will in turn raise test scores there and prevent the state from taking over a low performing school.

Pete

Repete
thegreatsnozz said:
It looks like the BOE blew off the county commissioners budget work session in either an act of ignorance or defiance. Probably both.
I don't think the Good Doctor Martirano really cares about the budget. At least as far as the Stem Program goes, He has already directed his maintenance department to construct the classrooms at Spring Ridge Middle School with or without the budget increase. The equipment will be paid for by the schools yearly equipment replacement budget. The teachers will be provided by either by FTE's being freed up by retirements or whatever the county gives the BOE. What this means is somewhere, class size will increase to forward this program. Pretty slick actually, that way the affluent white children will have to go to spring ridge to take the class and this will in turn raise test scores there and prevent the state from taking over a low performing school.
Affluent white kids are supposed to go to Spring Ridge now? Nobody sent me a memo! :jameo:

Pete

Repete
thegreatsnozz said:
If I told that, I would be in big trouble and would jeopardize my job.
What would jeopardise your job, posting unfounded derogatory information on a public board about your employer or being a full blown flaming racist?

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Pete said:
What would jeopardise your job, posting unfounded derogatory information on a public board about your employer or being a full blown flaming racist?

Probably not. :shrug: After all, there's no way anyone at the BOE could figure out who "thegreatsnozz" is...:rolleyes:

thegreatsnozz

Pete said:

Not the first because it is true and not the second because there are a lot of racists within the BOE.

twobit

thegreatsnozz said:
If I told that, I would be in big trouble and would jeopardize my job.
A quick call to friends in the SMCPS IT department should be able to reveal your identity easily. :yay:

protectmd

I thought all of the affluent white kids went to North Point, and everyone else got screwed out of Vo-Tech unless your an incoming freshmen? So now what your saying is they will have a middle school to attend as well? Someone get Al and the Reverend on the phone! You see what happens when the NAACP moves out of baltimore? Maryland gets screwed!

I quit paying attention to the BOE in CC when they started electing board member types that don't even send their children to public school... and prefer home schooling instead. They have so much faith and trust in the system they manage that they don't even send there own children to such schools. Now what does that tell you?

Pete

Repete
thegreatsnozz said:
You should hear what they say about one of the BOE members in the main office. She is actually the most caring member of the board.
Because they don't like her much it has to be about race?

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
protectmd said:
I thought all of the affluent white kids went to North Point, and everyone else got screwed out of Vo-Tech unless your an incoming freshmen? So now what your saying is they will have a middle school to attend as well? Someone get Al and the Reverend on the phone! You see what happens when the NAACP moves out of baltimore? Maryland gets screwed!

I quit paying attention to the BOE in CC when they started electing board member types that don't even send their children to public school... and prefer home schooling instead. They have so much faith and trust in the system they manage that they don't even send there own children to such schools. Now what does that tell you?

It tells me that you're in Charles County.

greatsnozz is in St. Mary's.

thegreatsnozz

twobit said:
So you're saying you are in the IT department? Then I already know who you are! :banana:

Break is over! I must now return to do the work of the people. Just remember what I posted when the new school year starts.