Windows question.

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
Nope it's not the computer windows. I'm going to get my windows replaced in my house and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions such as who to use and who not to use. I'm thinking Long Windows but if anyone has better experience/money savings with someone else then I'm open to suggestions. Thank you kindly in advance.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Symington windows...

Dutch6 said:
Nope it's not the computer windows. I'm going to get my windows replaced in my house and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions such as who to use and who not to use. I'm thinking Long Windows but if anyone has better experiecne/money savings with someone else then I'm open to suggestions. Thank you kindly in advance.

...look like they're very good. I've got a boat load going in right now. They operate nice, look good. A local contractor is putting them in. It's who he uses. $500 a pop, installed.

My CPA used Thompson Creek and loves them, but I do not know if they come down to SOMD. They did not cover central MD or I would have had them come out. $700 per.

Long Windows, well, all I can say is they have some work to do on customer service. Everyone asked that you and your spouse are there for the on site visit. I told them that wasn't going to happen and we had a date. They actually had someone call me back a few days later and TOLD ME it is THEIR policy that both people be there. I was nice at first and told them it would just be me. She insisted, actually insisted. and I said, that makes it easy, tell them not to come out.

So, my feeling is that they are growing too fast and customer service has been neglected in the process. No one called me back or tried again or sent flowers or candy or anything. Seems I didn't matter. Can't say anything about price or quality because their policy was to not come visit my project. :lmao:

Of course, based on that, I can give it a pretty good guess.

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
Larry Gude said:
...look like they're very good. I've got a boat load going in right now. They operate nice, look good. A local contractor is putting them in. It's who he uses. $500 a pop, installed.

My CPA used Thompson Creek and loves them, but I do not know if they come down to SOMD. They did not cover central MD or I would have had them come out. $700 per.

Long Windows, well, all I can say is they have some work to do on customer service. Everyone asked that you and your spouse are there for the on site visit. I told them that wasn't going to happen and we had a date. They actually had someone call me back a few days later and TOLD ME it is THEIR policy that both people be there. I was nice at first and told them it would just be me. She insisted, actually insisted. and I said, that makes it easy, tell them not to come out.

So, my feeling is that they are growing too fast and customer service has been neglected in the process. No one called me back or tried again or sent flowers or candy or anything. Seems I didn't matter. Can't say anything about price or quality because their policy was to not come visit my project. :lmao:

Of course, based on that, I can give it a pretty good guess.
They won't get my spouse because there is none. I did an online request for and on site estimate with Thompson Creek and Long Windows. I did also with another but for the life of me can't remember who. :lol: I'll let you know who I choose. Still looking for more suggestions as the quotes are free. :yay: Thanks Larry.

lisaowensathome

Long Windows

Dutch6 said:
Nope it's not the computer windows. I'm going to get my windows replaced in my house and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions such as who to use and who not to use. I'm thinking Long Windows but if anyone has better experience/money savings with someone else then I'm open to suggestions. Thank you kindly in advance.

I got an estimate from long windows and it worked out to $780 a window.Nothing fancy,just a mid grade window that opens and closes. So, if you find the money tree let me know!!! :lmao:

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
lisaowensathome said:
I got an estimate from long windows and it worked out to $780 a window.Nothing fancy,just a mid grade window that opens and closes. So, if you find the money tree let me know!!! :lmao:
Seems a bit high for nothing fancy. They may not get my business at that price.

Dork

Highlander's MPD
Dutch6 said:
Seems a bit high for nothing fancy. They may not get my business at that price.

$780! Wow, that's what my new Toshiba laptop cost me. But then again, it only came with one WINDOWS.

I would suggest going with a known name brand of windows though. I bought my house a year ago and it has some no name windows on the addition. They look good and fold in, etc but they really aren't very good. Hard to close sometimes pop off track.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Dutch6 said:
I used Southern Maryland Windows & Siding out of Calvert county (Solomons) and they charged me $275 per window and they did the work themselves, no contractors. They did it last December and they did a great job so the price should be close unless it went up for some other reason. They are at 800.876.3348 The windows are double hung, tilt for cleaning and vinyl. Hope this helps you. :howdy:

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
ItalianScallion said:
I used Southern Maryland Windows & Siding out of Calvert county (Solomons) and they charged me $275 per window and they did the work themselves, no contractors. They did it last December and they did a great job so the price should be close unless it went up for some other reason. They are at 800.876.3348 The windows are double hung, tilt for cleaning and vinyl. Hope this helps you. :howdy:
:yay:

M

Mousebaby

Call Window Exchange and ask for Richard. Tell him Debbie Shaw told you to call. He will set you up right! :yay:

M

Mousebaby

She said she has the number at home. She says they service all of Southern Maryland. She said as soon as she gets home she will call me and give it to me.

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
Mousebaby said:
She said she has the number at home. She says they service all of Southern Maryland. She said as soon as she gets home she will call me and give it to me.
:yay: Thank you.

robbie

I used Metropolitan out of Waldorf. They had done our roofs and siding the year before last so I got an estimate at $300 per window for 18 windows. They did a good job. Had them in two days. Rough part was they were replacing metal ones that had to be ripped out. Double hung, double locks and choice of grid or not.

M

Mousebaby

Ok Dutch, his name is Richard, here is the number! 301 983-8060
Hope it works out well, she says he is the best she's seen!

:howdy:

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
Mousebaby said:
Ok Dutch, his name is Richard, here is the number! 301 983-8060
Hope it works out well, she says he is the best she's seen!

:howdy:
Thanks. I'll give them a call. Do you know where they are located?

Arista

ItalianScallion said:
I used Southern Maryland Windows & Siding, as well. I thought they did a great job.