More kids who need pepper spray

SmallTown

Football season!
LEXINGTON PARK, 1:15 p.m. April 23. Two female youths, ages 12 and 13, kicked a female teacher, 37, at Spring Ridge Middle School. The teacher was attempting to intervene in a fight between the youths. The students were charged with two counts of second-degree assault and school disturbance.

LEXINGTON PARK, 8:20 a.m. April 24. A male youth, 13, pushed a female teacher, 44, as he attempted to assault another student. He was charged with second-degree assault and disruption of school activities.

SmallTown

Football season!
I love it, always cookie cutter responses to ANYTHING bad about Saint Mary's.

No, obviously by the other thread concerning kids and pepper spray, it doesn't just happen there.

J

justhangn

This is just :bs: too!! WHO hasn't whacked a teacher in the heat of a fight when the moron tries to break it up??

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by justhangn
This is just :bs: too!! WHO hasn't whacked a teacher in the heat of a fight when the moron tries to break it up??

I was an angel, I never got into fights :angel:

Athena1078

Social Director

Nah, we are just thinking that if the teachers had more aggressive things in the classroom to control the students there would be less cases like this.. a small squirt of pepper spray isn't going to kill anyone, and might start teaching kids a lesson

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Athena1078
Nah, we are just thinking that if the teachers had more aggressive things in the classroom to control the students there would be less cases like this.. a small squirt of pepper spray isn't going to kill anyone, and might start teaching kids a lesson

I know of a few teachers that would grab a quick ear and take the little maggots to the mat without the need of chemical warfare.

You start shooting chemicals in the hallway and you're going to start a stampede. Require the teachers to take a martial arts class, which would kill multiple birds with one stone.

Athena1078

Social Director
I know of a few teachers that would grab a quick ear and take the little maggots to the mat without the need of chemical warfare.

You start shooting chemicals in the hallway and you're going to start a stampede. Require the teachers to take a martial arts class, which would kill multiple birds with one stone.
Good point.. schools all across the country need something more for discipline.. Detention isn't good enough, suspension is a vacation

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
WHO hasn't whacked a teacher in the heat of a fight when the moron tries to break it up??
Ummm...me. Don't know where you grew up, JH, but it's definitely not the norm to whack your teacher.

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
Originally posted by SmallTown
I love it, always cookie cutter responses to ANYTHING bad about Saint Mary's.

No, obviously by the other thread concerning kids and pepper spray, it doesn't just happen there.

I just think it's funny how you try to dig up nothing but negative about the place, that's all. If you hate it so much, why are you so hooked on the SOMD forum? No more nookie for you!:bubble:

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by ememdee19
I just think it's funny how you try to dig up nothing but negative about the place, that's all. If you hate it so much, why are you so hooked on the SOMD forum? No more nookie for you!:bubble:

You have plenty of people to discuss the wonderful things about somd, nice to have a different view point.

As for the people on here, they have never given me poor customer service (read whatever you want into that one!), never drove slow in the left lane, never been in the news (as far as I know) for assualting teachers. You guys are just a bunch of zeros and ones who happen to reside in somd (mostly).

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
Originally posted by SmallTown
You have plenty of people to discuss the wonderful things about somd, nice to have a different view point.

As for the people on here, they have never given me poor customer service (read whatever you want into that one!), never drove slow in the left lane, never been in the news (as far as I know) for assualting teachers. You guys are just a bunch of zeros and ones who happen to reside in somd (mostly).

ST, how many different places have you actually lived? Speaking from experience, I can defnitely say that SOMD is not bad at all. Again, do you think behavior such as the ones mentioned above are exclusive to St. Mary's? I think not.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Maybe, ST, if they didn't sit around listening to ghetto music they wouldn't think it's okay to slug their teacher. :bubble:

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by ememdee19
ST, how many different places have you actually lived? Speaking from experience, I can defnitely say that SOMD is not bad at all. Again, do you think behavior such as the ones mentioned above are exclusive to St. Mary's? I think not.

NO, not soley in somd, but it happened a lot more in somd than it did in the place I lived before coming to maryland (SW part of virginia) and where I live now (N.Va). Especially since saint marys is supposed to be this 'nice small town', you would expect better.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There's some story about how this guy travels to a new town and asks a resident, "Are the people who live here friendly?" And the resident replies, "How were the people in the town you came from?" "Awful!" responds the guy, "They were so rude and nasty!" "Then keep moving, "says the resident, "Because that's all you'll find here."

Everytime someone starts dogging St. Mary's County, I think of that story.

K

Katie

Smalltown...you know sometimes I think you just like to make trouble with us just for fun.

People down here are the most giving and caring people I have met. They will bend over backwards to help you. I don't know who you knew, but I know some very nice ones.

For example, I am doing the Tour De Friends bike ride and am working very hard to raise the funds that are required. It is a good cause, but it is very hard to raise money. I sat at the St. Mary's festival all weekend next to someone who was selling Directway and he saw how much effort I put into the fundriasing for the whole 20.00 that I manged to raise. He gave me a check on Sunday for 75.00 to go towards my bike ride. Those are the type of people that stand out to me more then the mean people. People are mean eveywhere and not just in St. Mary's. Gosh drive to DC, there are people that would rather run you over then stop and say hello or smile at you.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it!:biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
ST needs to do a Christmas in April or a Mary's Song fundraiser - then he can see just how "rude" and "unfriendly" St. Mary's residents are.