Cancer in remission

Pandora

So you had cancer and it is in remission? What kind of cancer/where and what treatment did they use?

Always good to hear somebody is winning the battle. :yay: Keep up the great work! Attitude is everything! :huggy:

wintersprings

Prostate

and I had Proton Therapy, check it out at protonbob.com

Its like Star Trek, kinda new, and now I know it works.....

Pandora

wintersprings said:
Prostate

and I had Proton Therapy, check it out at protonbob.com

Its like Star Trek, kinda new, and now I know it works.....

Sounds great. My father has been battling that and is remission now and has been for about 3 years now. My mother lost her battle many years ago to breast cancer.

This might be a good time to remind people to get their junk checked. You never know what is going on in your own body. :yay:

wintersprings

The Doc at Loma Linda claims that If he can see the Cancer (Prostate Cancer is contained in the Prostate), he can kill it.

They have some new Brest Cancer therapy in the works. The problem with Brest Cancer is the lady has to take a breath, and so the cancer moves (as the body moves). They are working on tracking systems to zap the cancer as it moves into the beam.

I was zapped 44 times. It took 8 weeks to get cooked. Each day was only 3 minutes in the beam, so one can see how hard a moving target would be to hit.

More like the Star Trek medical lab.

Last edited:

nanstime

happy

wintersprings said:
Yea, for Proton's. The doc called me, when does that ever happen?
I am so very happy for you :love:
My mom lost her battle with lung just a month ago and it is still so very sad but at least some are winning.Good luck to you always

M

missperky

nanstime said:
I am so very happy for you :love:
My mom lost her battle with lung just a month ago and it is still so very sad but at least some are winning.Good luck to you always

:huggy: My dad lost his battle with brain cancer 8 months ago today.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I have a friend whose father was diagnosed with lung cancer ~1 year ago. After surgery and some other treatment, it went into remission. Until a few weeks ago. Now he's undergoing strong chemo and surgery is not an option. :frown:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Great news!!!

Both of my parents' lives were taken by the Big C; my mother died 13 years ago and my father 16 years ago, last month.

It's just so hard to realize what happens at the cellular level as the cells change, become pathogenic and wage war against the body. And efforts to defend the body often include killing more of your own fighters. Cancer, generally speaking, puts forth a tough campaign. I hope to see many cures and many more moves of remission in my lifetime. That is, where we can't kill it, at least we can stop it.

Again, good to hear of your path towards good health! :yahoo:

wintersprings

hvp05 said:
I have a friend whose father was diagnosed with lung cancer ~1 year ago. After surgery and some other treatment, it went into remission. Until a few weeks ago. Now he's undergoing strong chemo and surgery is not an option. :frown:

Photons can offset surgery... The was a guy at Loma Linda with cancer around his neck. 3 surgens refused to operate, as to risky. After 2 weeks at Loma Linda his pain was gone, and he was sitting up again (He showed up in a wheel chair, the pain was so high).

I don't know if he is cured, but the Protons shrink the cancer, and can make life liveable again.

Old Dog

Congratulations!

I did 6-1/2 weeks of radiation (after chemo) for BC 3 years ago. Now though they have a different radiation treatment for some BC. They insert a balloon where the lump was and inflate it. Then you go in for about a week, one or two times a day and they insert a radioactive seed in the balloon for a certain amount of time and then remove it. When they're all done they remove the balloon. Wish I'd been able to do that. Sure would have beat 6-1/2 weeks of full rad with all the side effects.

Congrats on being a survivor!

wintersprings

Old Dog said:
Congratulations!

I did 6-1/2 weeks of radiation (after chemo) for BC 3 years ago. Now though they have a different radiation treatment for some BC. They insert a balloon where the lump was and inflate it. Then you go in for about a week, one or two times a day and they insert a radioactive seed in the balloon for a certain amount of time and then remove it. When they're all done they remove the balloon. Wish I'd been able to do that. Sure would have beat 6-1/2 weeks of full rad with all the side effects.

Congrats on being a survivor!

I agree, radiation has its side effects. I was able to work out up to the last week, but I had to take a nap each afternoon.

Protons have a entry wound, mine looks like a sunburn on each hip. There is no exit wound from Protons as they all stop at the target and release their energy.

Thats why I say, I was fully cooked at the end. Now who has the barbeque sauce?