Cigarette Butt-heads

Do you consider flicking a used-up cigarette butt out the car window onto the street

• Yes

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters

MDindef

Do you consider flicking a used-up cigarette butt out the car window onto the street to be littering?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by MDindef
Do you consider flicking a used-up cigarette butt out the car window onto the street to be littering?
I'm sure Pixie can tell you all about it.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
Who are the tools that said "no." :rolleyes: How can that NOT be littering...:shrug:

It was me! :lmao: I'm feelin like a rebel today! :lol: Of course it's littering, but isn't it awfully boring when every poll has everyone agreeing! :razz2:

Otter

Nothing to see here
No, it helps save the rare and nearly extinct red-breasted thrushes which use the butts for their nests.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by vraiblonde
It was me - anything that's smaller than your finger isn't littering. :razz:

Good point! :biggrin:

And an even better point!

No, it helps save the rare and nearly extinct red-breasted thrushes which use the butts for their nests.

I think I'm gonna start sticking my ashtrays in the car and chucking out the whole lot of butts into the environment! SAVE THE RED BREASTED THRUSHES! :lmao:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
In Calvert they make the scuzballs who get community service pick up garbage along the road. Cigbutts are the least of the eyesore. I've seen drywall fly out of pickups, mulch bags falling from vehicles onto the road, and even those huge dumpster trucks from Virginia leave a trail of debris, plus idiots going to the dump in cars and trucks who don't bother to stop and pick up whatever falls off. Gotta keep the natives busy I guess.

In the past week I've seen a rake and a broom at the top of the bridge. I'd hate to be behind that when it fell off.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I think it was how the Government indoctrinated us. Remember the old commercials they used to run that said "Put litter in its place". Well its only trash until you throw it on the ground, then its litter.

John Z

if you will
Yeah, it is one of my pet peeves. :burning: But I suppose it is biodegradable, huh? What is the filter made of anyway?

And you are right, pretty dangerous during our (always) drought-ridden summers..

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by John Z
Yeah, it is one of my pet peeves. :burning: But I suppose it is biodegradable, huh? What is the filter made of anyway?

And you are right, pretty dangerous during our (always) drought-ridden summers..

I don't think it's littering persay. Filters are cotton and paper. They biodegrade pretty quickly.

It's very dangeroud to the interior of other cars though.....:burning:

MDindef

Originally posted by Mountain MaMa
the filter material is not. Cellulose acetate..

Bingo! The filters (however many trillions there are of them) will still be around long after we're gone!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by MDindef
The filters (however many trillions there are of them) will still be around long after we're gone!
The horror! :yikes:

Probably keeps your mind off of all that radioactive material from the nuke plants that we have buried/stored.