Anyone know what's going on in LaPlata??

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Saw ambulances a while ago. Now helicopters hovering over my neighborhood and one took off from Wills' Park. I can't get anything on the scanner.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Sweet 16 said:
Saw ambulances a while ago. Now helicopters hovering over my neighborhood and one took off from Wills' Park. I can't get anything on the scanner.

Will's Park...is that the old park on St. Mary's Avenue? :confused:

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Sweet 16 said:
OK, Channel 5 is now reporting that 3 boys were hit by a car at 301 and Glen Albin Rd. Car took off but I guess they got the guy.

SoMDMama82

Sweet 16 said:
OK, Channel 5 is now reporting that 3 boys were hit by a car at 301 and Glen Albin Rd. Car took off but I guess they got the guy.

Did they give the ages of the boys? Are they alright (well I guess it sounds like they were flown out, so must not be doing all that great)? How awful! And the fact that ther person tried to run. That makes me even more sick!

EvWill

Sweet 16 said:

The gal, actually. The driver was reported to be a 29-year-old white woman.

2ballscrewball

Fox 5 News has learned that four kids have been hit by a car at a school bus stop on Glen Albin Road near Crain Highway in La Plata, Md. It happened around 8:30am.

Officials say two children are being flown to the hospital. A third child is being transported by ground to a local hospital. No word yet on the status of a possible 4th victim.

Katie O'Malley Simpson at Charles Co. Schools says the victims are 3 boys. They attended Walter J. Mitchell ES.. Two are being flown to a hospital. One is being taken by ambulance. Mrs. Simpson says she doesn't know about a 4th victim.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Hit and run details from NBC 4

I swear I saw her when I was coming back from Waldorf this morning. Her car was parked in the median of 301 between White Plains and La Plata like it had broken down. I noticed it because the car was parked kind of cockeyed and her doors and trunk were open and she was standing behind it. At that time I hadn't heard about the accident. The sun was barely up and she was already that wasted. What a shame.