Where to rent a wheelchair?

nmpali

My ma is here visitng and needs a wheelchair when we go out. Any places around here that rent? CVS does not :~(

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Club'nBabySeals said:
Perhaps call the hospital? At the very least, they may be able to recommend a place where you could rent/borrow one.

Where are you at ?
This is old information, but the I think that the American Legion in Lusby used to have 'lenders' !

410-326-3274

dn0121

Steal one when the person is up. They couldn't catch you anyways ;o)~

J/K I found this site on yellowbook.com

McKays Food & Drug
Great Mills MD 20634
Phone: 301-862-7702

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
nmpali said:
My ma is here visitng and needs a wheelchair when we go out. Any places around here that rent? CVS does not :~(

There is a place in St mary's in the 7th district that just loans them out for nothing .. I will try to get the name for you ...TC

buddy999

It's Great to be American
nmpali said:

I'm not sure what the name of the place is but there is a place up on Airport View Road. It's right near the Higher Education Center. They rent all sorts of medical equipment.

beagle59

TotalControl said:
There is a place in St mary's in the 7th district that just loans them out for nothing .. I will try to get the name for you ...TC

It's called ACTS...my grandfather broke his ankle and we went thru them to borrow one. They have a whole bunch of stuff like that...

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Call "A Community That Shares" (ACT) at 301-769-4199. They have wheelchairs, walkers, hospital beds, etc that they lend out for as long as the person needs them. Check to see what they have available.

This is a great organization!

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Why would you want to rent or buy a wheelchair when the ACTS place will lend them for free? They have a wide variety of types and sizes of wheelchairs available, and unless you need a highly specialized version of one, it's so worth it to use their services.

We donated a lot of items to them when my mother passed away, and while she was alive we "borrowed" a few things from them that were a great help to us. Of course, they were returned to ACTS when we/she no longer needed them.

I just can't say enough good things about this group.

Last edited:

beagle59

BadGirl said:
Why would you want to rent or buy a wheelchair when the ACTS place will lend them or free? They have a wide variety of types and sizes of wheelchairs available, and unless you need a highly specialized version of one, it's so worth it to use their services.

:yeahthat:

nmpali

Thank you everyone; you're the best! I live in Great Mills, work in Prince Frederick. Calvert Memorial's pharmacy rents them for $10/day. I have my name down to pick one up Fri. but I'm going to call ACTS and all of the other places mentioned first. Thank you again :~)