Graduates Degree Program

dn0121

Any schools in Southern MD that offer any kind of Masters degree? I looked at St Mary's online but couldn't find any info. Once I move here I would like to start this.

As always thanks for the help.

beagle59

UMUC, University of MD University College, offers online and classroom courses. Check out the website at www.umuc.edu

The Southern MD Higher Education Center offers classes through several different colleges.

It just depends on what you want to get your master's in, so they may or may not have what you're looking for.

dn0121

Not sure, thinking History but open to any thing. I just want something to do the first year I am here. Makes time go by faster.

Thanks I will check it out!

dn0121 said:
Any schools in Southern MD that offer any kind of Masters degree? I looked at St Mary's online but couldn't find any info. Once I move here I would like to start this.

As always thanks for the help.
St. Mary's Higher Ed. Center. They are right behind Wildwood, by the St. Mary's airport. Graduate degrees in many areas from many different schools.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
dn0121 said:
Not sure, thinking History but open to any thing. I just want something to do the first year I am here. Makes time go by faster.

Thanks I will check it out!

What is your bachleors in, and what do you plan on doing with a Masters?

BuddyLee

Football addict
Hollywoodmom said:
St. Mary's Higher Ed. Center. They are right behind Wildwood, by the St. Mary's airport. Graduate degrees in many areas from many different schools.
Don't they focus on degrees more oriented toward the base, i.e. engineering and computer science?

Pushrod

Patriot
My wife is presently getting her Masters in Nursing from the University of Phoenix online, also a friend at work is getting his business degree from the same online university. Seems to work pretty well. As far as on-site Campus degrees you would have to commute to someplace like College Park for the University of Maryland.

StarDustSoprano

Green Eyed Girl
I currently go to St. Mary's and am working on getting my Masters Degree here. They have a Masters program which lasts a year called the MAT program, which is Masters of Arts in Teaching. Starts in July and lasts a year through that next July. You basically work on getting your certification for teaching in either K-12 arts, elementary or secondary education areas. Hope that helped.

waggles

I'm working on a Master of Science in Management from Florida Institute of Technology (Pax River Campus). There are a couple of different institutions at the SMHEC (Southern Maryland Higher Education Center). SMHEC's website is: http://www.smhec.org/

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

dn0121

Bachelors is in Business Management. I work in IT but I know enough about both. Looking for something new. Before I quit school (3 years into it) I was a History major. Would like to get that degree or something else that is interesting. I don't need it for my career or for a new job just for fun and to get. Thanks for all the help!