Where to eat in DC?

amethyst_babes

I just noticed that the Rainforest Cafe in Tysons Corner is closed and that is where we were planning to meet some out of state visitors on Saturday for dinner.

Does anyone have any suggestions for an interesting (for kids ages 3-11) restaurant?

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
amethyst_babes said:
I just noticed that the Rainforest Cafe in Tysons Corner is closed and that is where we were planning to meet some out of state visitors on Saturday for dinner.

Does anyone have any suggestions for an interesting (for kids ages 3-11) restaurant?

ESPN Zone. 11th & E.
Hard Rock Cafe' 10th & E.

Or, if you want Rainforest Cafe, go to Towson.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
amethyst_babes said:

There are several Japanese Steak Houses in DC and VA.

D

dems4me

carie_47421 said:
Capitol City Brewery..dont Know Which Street, Right By Old Ebbit Grill

There's not many 3-11 year olds that hang out in that particular BREWERY. You may want to try ESPN Zone. There's lots of games, and fun for the kids there. Its a good place for all ages. :smile:

jackers

There is a spanish Tapas place right near the Spy Museum. I always liked that place because of the little helpings. Some of the other places listed like ESPNZone might be better though. Depends on how many kids you bring I guess.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
carie_47421 said:
Capitol City Brewery..dont Know Which Street, Right By Old Ebbit Grill

Its right next to Union Station, one block from North West Capitol Street.

lovinmaryland

amethyst_babes said:

Yup the rainforest cafe closed there a few months ago, but there is a PF Changs, Maggianos, and a Cheesecake Factory across the street at the Galleria Tysons II.

I have younger kids and they love all of those places. I think Maggianos is their favorite though, and they take reservations.

D

dems4me

carie_47421 said:
ACTUALLY IT IS A VERY FAMILY FREINDLY PLACE.....IT'S NOT AN ACTUAL BREWERY lol lol lol , VERY CLASSY TO BE FRANK! :love:

I used to go for lunches there and happy hours and never saw any kids there. :shrug: Unlike the ESPN zone which school buses stop and drop the kids off for lunch for entertainment and food. Didn't find it to be any more classy than any other restaurant :shrug: It's just the same as any other DC restaurant - folks are dressed up in their business clothes just the same as others :shrug: Old Ebbit Grill is classy as is KinKeads if you are looking for class to bring 3-11 year olds. :smile: And yes, its an actual brewry.

"Our dedicated brewers identify and use only the highest quality hops, fresh yeast and select malt to brew many of the world's great ales, lagers and pilsners. State of the art breweries in each restaurant enable our brewmasters to bring you beers fresher than you ever thought possible!
Get to know our distinctive beers and the wizards who create them by exploring the menu to your left. "

Last edited by a moderator:

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
jackers said:
There is a spanish Tapas place right near the Spy Museum. I always liked that place because of the little helpings. Some of the other places listed like ESPNZone might be better though. Depends on how many kids you bring I guess.

You're thinking of Jaleo...

It's not exactly "kid-friendly".

beerlover

dems4me said:
I used to go for lunches there and happy hours and never saw any kids there. :shrug: Didn't find it to be any more classy than any other restaurant :shrug:

The food and beer are very good there. Be sure to tip the bum a buck on your way out since he'll be waiting right there on the steps. Also as a bonus on my last visit there, I got to see a huge rat. I thought it was a cat running around until I saw the tail. Big ol' sumbeesh.

D

dems4me

beerlover said:
The food and beer are very good there. Be sure to tip the bum a buck on your way out since he'll be waiting right there on the steps. Also as a bonus on my last visit there, I got to see a huge rat. I thought it was a cat running around until I saw the tail. Big ol' sumbeesh.

I'm not the one suggesting its a very classy place or a great pub to take 3-11 year olds :lol: I liked their food though but didn't like the homemade beer... you know the HUGE gold VATS they have everywhere, just for decoration I suppose. :lol:

beerlover

dems4me said:
I'm not the one suggesting its a very classy place or a great pub to take 3-11 year olds :lol: I liked their food though but didn't like the homemade beer... you know the HUGE gold VATS they have everywhere, just for decoration I suppose. :lol:

Yeah, I don't think 3-11 year olds will like it. I enjoyed it. It's in the old post office, too, which was kind of cool. Really cool old building with huge columns and stuff.