FREE SPAY/NEUTER DOGS & CATS LIMITED TIME

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
No More Money Avail At This Time

6-19 - They are out of money for any more spay/neuter vouchers. Please contact the other area low cost spay/neuter options in this area.
~~~~~~

Just found this on a different board - thought everyone might want to spread the word.

For a limited time, the King George Animal Rescue League is offering free spay/neuters for dogs and cats in need. You can choose from two clinics: Waldorf, MD or Charlotte Hall, MD. After we receive your information, we'll send you a voucher for the clinic of your choice. You then call the clinic, set up the appointment and take the voucher with you for payment. It's that easy!! If you are interested in taking advantage of this offer, please send the following information to info@kgarl.org:

Your full name
Your mailing address
Your phone number
Your preferred clinic (Waldorf or Charlotte Hall)
Name of pet
Species of pet (cat/dog)
Breed of pet
Weight of pet
Age of pet
Any special considerations? In heat, pregnant, heartworm positive?

Last edited:

JOEZ

Thank you so much for posting this! I just emailed them and got a response back within 30 minutes saying they were sending me a voucher and more info on the clinic!!

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
JOEZ said:
Thank you so much for posting this! I just emailed them and got a response back within 30 minutes saying they were sending me a voucher and more info on the clinic!!

That's awesome! Thank you so much for the update.

Kathy

MorganLover

Does anyone know if they are still taking applicants??? I have a older basset that needs to be neutered ASAP and we just can't afford it right now after my old rotties and her health problems she has had in the past year and then putting her to sleep. Thanks.

sdm

Yes. I sent an email Saturday night and they responded Sunday morning that they are sending out a certificate.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Sent them an email Friday, came to work today, there was the response saying voucher in mail. Thanks so much. I needed this.

KGARL

:howdy: Hi, I'm Michele from the King George Animal Rescue League. I am so happy to have been able to help everyone! We got at least 30 requests, which is awesome!

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to take a break from sending out vouchers for a while. I am in the middle of applying for a new grant, which will hopefully be approved so I can start up again!

MorganLover, I do not recall seeing your request for your Bassett. I can squeeze you in if you still need help.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
KGARL said:
:howdy: Hi, I'm Michele from the King George Animal Rescue League. I am so happy to have been able to help everyone! We got at least 30 requests, which is awesome!

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to take a break from sending out vouchers for a while. I am in the middle of applying for a new grant, which will hopefully be approved so I can start up again!

MorganLover, I do not recall seeing your request for your Bassett. I can squeeze you in if you still need help.

Thank you very much Michele, I really appreciate it. Can you tell me will the voucher cover all of it orjust make it cheaper, etc.

sanchezf

KGARL

sanchezf said:
Thank you very much Michele, I really appreciate it. Can you tell me will the voucher cover all of it orjust make it cheaper, etc.

sanchezf

I put your voucher in the mail this morning, it will cover all of the surgery costs. If you want shots or anything else, you'll have to pay for it. Vaccinations at the low cost clinics are very reasonable!

For anyone that is looking for a low cost spay/neuter, I can't send out anymore vouchers, but you can call the clinics directly. The prices are much better than at your regular vet.

Lucky Ones Clinic in Charlotte Hall = 301-884-2850
Waldorf Well Pet Clinic in Waldorf = 301-885-0263

JOEZ

Thanks Michelle! I got my voucher yesterday in the mail and made the appointment today for next Tuesday! :yay:

Wileeone

I e-mailed this morning, so I think I was one of the unlucky ones. My other Aussie had Open Pyometra a week before this last Christmas. I had never heard of this. I called/took her to the vet and they did emergency surgery. Dr. Adam Terry was working in Waldorf at the time, now in Callaway. He took excellent care of my dog and she is doing great. After talking to Dr. Terry, I was trying to plan on getting my other Aussie spayed so that this would not happen to her. Then my daughter slid into another car last Sunday. There goes the spaying. Will have to check the clinic prices and hope.

Thanks for the phone numbers!

Last edited:

Finofan

Here there and everywhere
Let me know when you have more vouchers I have a Boxer and a Chinese Crested I need done..TVM

JOEZ

krazd_kat said:
Also, don't forget that you can get low cost spay/neuter vouchers by contacting SMAWL.

I tried emailing them a couple months ago and am still waiting for them to reply :coffee: .......this is not the first time I have emailed them for info on stuff with no response......

luvscats

spay/neuter dogs and cats

this is wonderful news! keep up the good work and spreading the good word!

you can also contact the Charles County Humane Society in Waldorf. they do low cost spay, neuter, shots, microchipping, hw testing, etc. their phone number is 301-645-8181. :thewave:

navigator

JOEZ said:
I tried emailing them a couple months ago and am still waiting for them to reply :coffee: .......this is not the first time I have emailed them for info on stuff with no response......

Your email was not received. You may call 301-373-5659 and leave your name and number and a volunteer will return your call.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
KGARL said:

Michelle I have not received my voucher yet, should I have??