Hay - Bales per Acre

Robin

Depends on type of grass how lush the fields are and what kind of weather we have had... Were I worked, 4 acres of orchard grass (Thicker blades 1st cutting was about 1050 bales 2nd the same field was appro 390 bales If the same field had fescue grass mix it might only yield 5-600 bales first cut and 250-300 second cutting so that field for about an acre was 250-275 bales of 1st cut orchard grass another field was about 2 acres and second cutting was 90 bales..regularly limed and fertilized farmer clock work and it all depended on the weather. and it was always hot when we had to put the hay up...It is so nice I don't do that any more....

Robin

also depends on who is baling the hay and how heavy the bales are..35-40 lb bales is what mr w baled so the women could handle them.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Robin said:
also depends on who is baling the hay and how heavy the bales are..35-40 lb bales is what mr w baled so the women could handle them.

Kicker bales..

Tazgirl

Thanks will be doing some looking around for an old baler then I will decide what to do next year.