Chickens

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Giant? Shoppers Food Warehouse? Food Lion? BJ's?

We had roasted chicken last night for dinner. :yum:

Elle

Happy Camper!
I assume you want layers but I have some broilers that are ready for the plucking ~ good roasting size if anyone is interested.

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Elle said:
I assume you want layers but I have some broilers that are ready for the plucking ~ good roasting size if anyone is interested.

Hi!
Thank you, I am looking for laying chickens. Would love some brahmas or deleware hens.

Elle

Happy Camper!
appendixqh said:
Hi!
Thank you, I am looking for laying chickens. Would love some brahmas or deleware hens.
But I have some pretty cobb-cobbs (well as pretty as a chicken can be). You sure I can't interest you? :lol:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Make sure you buy dumb chickens. Those smart ones can be trouble. I highly recommend watching the movie "Chicken Run" to get an idea of what organized Chickens can accomplish.

Be careful out there. :yay:

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Lugnut said:
Make sure you buy dumb chickens. Those smart ones can be trouble. I highly recommend watching the movie "Chicken Run" to get an idea of what organized Chickens can accomplish.

Be careful out there. :yay:

Thank you...Great Idea!!! I think we will! My 5 yr old will get a kick out of it, plus it will probably make him think the chickens run amuck at night!

But how do you tell a smart chicken from a dumb one?

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Cowgirl said:
:yeahthat: Or if you want to order a specific breed like you mentioned, order them online. I have ordered from McMurray Hatchery before, and they are great.

Thank you!!! I had been looking online, but was questioning what type of chicken would actually show up seeing that I knew of nobody that had ordered chickens before. Thank you for the reference!

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
appendixqh said:
Thank you...Great Idea!!! I think we will! My 5 yr old will get a kick out of it, plus it will probably make him think the chickens run amuck at night!

But how do you tell a smart chicken from a dumb one?
Well, it's a pretty safe bet the ones in my fridge that are gonna be din din weren't rocket scientists... :coffee:

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
virgovictoria said:
Well, it's a pretty safe bet the ones in my fridge that are gonna be din din weren't rocket scientists... :coffee:

But you haven't eaten them without getting sick yet! :killingme

CMC122

Go Braves!
Medley's Neck Rd and Tower Hill Lane, the effers are in the middle of the road everyday. Go get them:yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
CMC122 said:
Medley's Neck Rd and Tower Hill Lane, the effers are in the middle of the road everyday. Go get them:yay:

:yeahthat: I don't go that way that often, but it seems everytime I do, they're there and in the road. :dork:

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
CMC122 said:

WoooHoooo! THANK YOU...perhaps I will do a chicken run! :lmao: