Why hello there...

Jamiemar21

Just wanted to say hello. Were going to be moving to the area in September (navy family). Weve never been to that area, so we have no clue where to live, so in the meantime I think its going to be base housing, Glen Forrest. Im a little shocked on how expensive it seems to be in MD. Houses are insane!!! Can anyone tell me where NOT to live. We have a baby and I want to be in a safe place. Ive heard good things, and bad. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks for listening to me, and Hello again!!!!!

~Jamie :razz:

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
:howdy: Welcome. The housing prices here are very high. I don't think Glen Forest is bad Navy housing at all, so you might just want to stay there!

Hope you enjoy your stay!

HAR

Hello, lots of familys move to St. Marys due to the base. You will find very expensive houses here my husband and i recently purchased a house. But then again you can find houses that are cheeper that need some work. Some areas to stay away from are Bay ridge townhomes, Lex Wood townhomes and patuxent homes. Glen forrest is not a bad place to live and there is a park right behind it with a large playground. If you have a dog there is a dog park back there as well. Good luck in your search.

smoothmarine187

Jamiemar21 said:
Just wanted to say hello. Were going to be moving to the area in September (navy family). Weve never been to that area, so we have no clue where to live, so in the meantime I think its going to be base housing, Glen Forrest. Im a little shocked on how expensive it seems to be in MD. Houses are insane!!! Can anyone tell me where NOT to live. We have a baby and I want to be in a safe place. Ive heard good things, and bad. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks for listening to me, and Hello again!!!!!

:eyebrow: It looks as if you know alot of people here. Your karma points are pretty high!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tinkerbell said:
I don't think Glen Forest is bad Navy housing at all, so you might just want to stay there!
:yeahthat: Glen Forest is great housing, and not even "for military housing".

Welcome to Southern Maryland, Jamie!

O

oldnavy

Jamiemar21 said:
Thanks for all the welcomes!!!!! You guys are awesome! Can't wait to move!!!! Thanks for the love!!!! :buddies:

Beers on you....when you get here.

joe72

Not sure what kinda price your looking for but I have a 3 bed room 1/2 bath with 2.26 acrs in hollywood going on the market in a few month for $255,000
Hollywood is one of the more desiable places in ST Marys. Building a new house so renting back while i build is an option also....

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Jamiemar21 said:
Thanks for all the welcomes!!!!! You guys are awesome! Can't wait to move!!!! Thanks for the love!!!! :buddies:

If you go thru Leonardtown and you see a guy with wet pants, don't give him a ride.

Welcome!

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
I do not think you are a gumby! I believe you to be one of the Alien priests. Maybe I will have my way with you like your kind has done to animals for the past 30 years! Now I watch for them ~Alien Watcher

I got this gray karma for my post in this thread. Isn't it great :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme