OK SmallTown is full of it!

K

Katie

I went into DC last night to do some volunteering at the Tour DE Friends office in Dupont Circle. There was not one friendly person in DC last night. I almost got hit by a car and I had the walk signal. I was the only blonde haired, blue eyed white girl on the train coming back to Suitland station. I stood out just a tad. I asked for someone to walk me to my car and they acted like it was a big deal. Well DOH next time I will walk out myself and get mugged. JERK FACE! Then I had some drunk lush hitting on me during the train ride back. Now if that is Smalltown's idea of a friendly city he must be smoking something!

John Z

if you will
Maybe ST indicated that DC was friendly to get you to come up there so he could drunkenly hit on your during the train ride. I mean, how do you know that guy wasn't ST? :biggrin:

OK, that wasn't even funny. Oh well. :frown:

SmallTown

Football season!
Not one friendly person in the whole city? Wow. You must put off some pretty bad vibes.

Being the "minority" going into suitland. What do you expect?? Go to the flattops, see how much you blend in.

And though I haven't had any negative experiences in DC, I never said it was the friendliest. I only talked about NoVa.

It is the city, there are different things to get use to. I'm sure no drunk lushes are out around tikibar on the weekend hitting on girls. :rolleyes:

SxyPrincess

Katie,

You had a rough time because you're not used to being in the District. I've commuted to and from everyday for the last 4 years. If you act like a crazy white beyotch, they leave you alone. :wink:

K

Katie

Originally posted by SmallTown
Not one friendly person in the whole city? Wow. You must put off some pretty bad vibes.

Being the "minority" going into suitland. What do you expect?? Go to the flattops, see how much you blend in.

And though I haven't had any negative experiences in DC, I never said it was the friendliest. I only talked about NoVa.

It is the city, there are different things to get use to. I'm sure no drunk lushes are out around tikibar on the weekend hitting on girls. :rolleyes:

OK Smalltown,
All I did was mind my own business and walk to where I needed to go. I guess I am a beotch for minding my own business trying to find where I am going.

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
Go to the flattops, see how much you blend in.

Flattops??? I think not!:boo: You've obviously never stepped foot in the Flattops! But then again, why would you? I can tell you that there are more caucasion people than you may think. What a joke!

Otter

Nothing to see here
Re: Re: OK SmallTown is full of it!

Originally posted by Kain99
There's your problem. Two of the worst spots in D.C. :frown:

Dupont Circle isn't that bad an area, lots of worse spots than that...Try 14th & T NW for fun..lol...no clue on Suitland Metro Station, but I would avoid it..

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
Katie,

You had a rough time because you're not used to being in the District. I've commuted to and from everyday for the last 4 years. If you act like a crazy white beyotch, they leave you alone. :wink:

:yeahthat: When I lived in Alexandria I think I was the only white girl in my entire neighborhood. It took me a few weeks to figure this out. But I use to walk my dogs every day when I got home and I had people come up and talk to me about them just about every day. Never had any drama when I lived there and it was a rough neighborhood. I guess they figured a little white girl with a Pit Bull must be slightly crazy to live there. :biggrin:

But on another note when I worked in the nicer part of town (Crystal City) people were hardly friendly at all. :rolleyes:

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by ememdee19
Flattops??? I think not!:boo: You've obviously never stepped foot in the Flattops! But then again, why would you? I can tell you that there are more caucasion people than you may think. What a joke!

Spend much time there, do you?

More than I think. Sure. White trash need a place to stay as well. But I bet the whities are a far less percentage there then say, wildewood.

LPMEDIC

Doin the duty for you....
Originally posted by Katie
I went into DC last night to do some volunteering at the Tour DE Friends office in Dupont Circle. There was not one friendly person in DC last night.

And this comes as a shock to you? If people really knew how "great" our "Nation's Capital" is. :patriot: :patriot:

K

Kain99

Re: Re: Re: OK SmallTown is full of it!

Originally posted by otter
Dupont Circle isn't that bad an area, lots of worse spots than that

I guess it all comes down to what you consider bad. :roflmao: :roflmao:

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
Spend much time there, do you?

More than I think. Sure. White trash need a place to stay as well. But I bet the whities are a far less percentage there then say, wildewood.

ST, you've just proved to me just how close minded you really are! :rolleyes: I def. don't think less of people b/c they have less money than I do. I've had MANY friends that have lived in that area, and I spent many of my HS days hanging out there. That area didn't scare me just b/c I was the only white girl, or b/c my parents had more money than theirs. How much more ridiculous can you get?

K

Katie

Being the minority didn't really bother me as much as walking out to my car alone at 10:00 pm at night. I didn't even do that when I worked in Boston!

J

justhangn

Nobody ever raped a .38!!

Originally posted by Katie
Being the minority didn't really bother me as much as walking out to my car alone at 10:00 pm at night. I didn't even do that when I worked in Boston!

:really:

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by ememdee19
ST, you've just proved to me just how close minded you really are! :rolleyes: I def. don't think less of people b/c they have less money than I do. I've had MANY friends that have lived in that area, and I spent many of my HS days hanging out there. That area didn't scare me just b/c I was the only white girl, or b/c my parents had more money than theirs. How much more ridiculous can you get?

Having less money? No, no problem with that. I know a lot of people make more than I do. The problem once again falls on the notion of self pride. The place is an eyesore, and it has nothing to do with money. That is why it is trash.