4th of july

2ballscrewball

what is everybody doing on the 4th of July, I need some suggestions on where to see fireworks.

I went to DC the last couple years, but will not be doing it this year.

Charles County fair grounds are too crowded.

Are the Calvert County fairground fireworks ok?

Tina2001aniT

2ballscrewball said:
what is everybody doing on the 4th of July, I need some suggestions on where to see fireworks.

I went to DC the last couple years, but will not be doing it this year.

Charles County fair grounds are too crowded.

Are the Calvert County fairground fireworks ok?

I am pretty sure there will be plenty of room at the Calvert Fairgrounds.....

Calvert fireworks are usually in Solomons

poster

St. Mary's fair grounds has a good show also crowded.
I live in Calvert and have never seen the Calvert show.
We usually go to North Beach and stand on the fishing pier, you have to be early.
From there you can see the show at Rod'NReel - very good show and view but crowded.
There's also a show this Sat night you should be able to see from the ramp at the Benedict bridge.

OrneryPest

lower life form
I'm gonna be watching the fireworks here in Solomons, where I don't even hafta leave my own front yard.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Solomons Fireworks
July 4th @ Dusk
Solomons, MD

Come by boat or by land to enjoy this festive event in Solomons. The Solomons Business Association once again invites the citizens of Calvert County to sit back and enjoy 4th of July Fireworks over Solomons Island. This year, in response to safety and regulatory concerns, the fireworks barge will be anchored in the Patuxent River off of Drum Point instead of off the Riverwalk. Given the height of this spectacular show, people located anywhere on the island should have a good view of the fireworks. For parking and other information, visit http://www.sba.solomons.md.us/solomons-4th-of-july.html

:eyebrow: Interesting. I know a few fireworks over the years have gone off course and showered the crowd with sparks and debris.

OrneryPest

lower life form
Tina2001aniT said:
If we bring lawnchairs can we share your yard, and park there too TIA :lol:
As a matter of fact, I think my front yard could accommodate a dozen or so lawn chairs, and my driveway is good for 4 or 5 cars.

Except I just heard they're gonna do 'em off Drum Point, visible primarily from the other side of the island. Maybe I will hafta walk around the island, after all.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
OrneryPest said:
As a matter of fact, I think my front yard could accommodate a dozen or so lawn chairs, and my driveway is good for 4 or 5 cars.

Except I just heard they're gonna do 'em off Drum Point, visible primarily from the other side of the island. Maybe I will hafta walk around the island, after all.

Oh...Oh..Oh...oh.. me. me.. me.. me.. me :buddies:

Charles

jazz lady said:
:eyebrow: Interesting. I know a few fireworks over the years have gone off course and showered the crowd with sparks and debris.

Remember the year that the fireworks started off with the Grand Finally(sp)? I don't remember if anyone was hurt but a few were embarrassed.

Jameo

What?!
OrneryPest said:
I'm gonna be watching the fireworks here in Solomons, where I don't even hafta leave my own front yard.

:yeahthat: Except I gotta walk across the street to see the fireworks :cheers: