Incase you didn't already know...

ThumpBumpDeDump

The best bar in Northern Calvert would have to be Griffins. The crowd is well maintained with a wide range of personalities and ages. It's like Cheers. I just thought I would state the obvious... Thanks... :cheers:

Actually, I just wanted to give Griffins a good review. I've been going there for sometime and I'm surprised more people don't know about it. It's a great "after work blow off steam" kind of place...

Athena1078

Social Director
Well, thanks for the recommendation. Looks like everyone is hitting Tiki tonight around 7:30-8ish.. coming?

ThumpBumpDeDump

hmmmm...

Originally posted by Athena1078
Well, thanks for the recommendation. Looks like everyone is hitting Tiki tonight around 7:30-8ish.. coming?

hmmmm... Well, I don't see why not. I usually head north for bars and save Solomon’s for the nice nights. I think I may make an exception tonight though... Thanks for asking... :smile:

Athena1078

Social Director
Re: hmmmm...

Originally posted by ThumpBumpDeDump
hmmmm... Well, I don't see why not. I usually head north for bars and save Solomon’s for the nice nights. I think I may make an exception tonight though... Thanks for asking... :smile:
Plus, there is a great band over at Harbor SOunds at 10, so I am goin over there after Tiki

SeaRide

Yeah that one across from Ace (Sneade?) hardware store.. yep ..saw that place but never went in .... yet. what is it like?? Irish pub? All American pub? sport pub? similar to what other pub?

on second thought, I might check it out after I go kayaking this afternoon

ThumpBumpDeDump

Re: Re: hmmmm...

Originally posted by Athena1078
Plus, there is a great band over at Harbor SOunds at 10, so I am goin over there after Tiki

You can't go wrong with a live band and drinking... :guitar: :cheers: If I drive down to Solomon's I usually stay till the last bar is closed. I feel you can't get the full Solomon's experience without going to at least 3 different bars. hehehe... :drunk:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by SeaRide
Yeah that one across from Ace (Sneade?) hardware store.. yep ..saw that place but never went in .... yet. what is it like?? Irish pub? All American pub? sport pub? similar to what other pub?

NOOOOOOOO You must come to tiki....please :smooch:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
The best bar in Northern Calvert would have to be Griffins.

Where is this place? I'm moving to Prince Frederick soon and wondered if there were any cool little joints in Northern-Calvert.

SeaRide

Originally posted by migtig
NOOOOOOOO You must come to tiki....please :smooch:

Mig, I bet ya wanna to see what I am wearing after I get out of my kayak right at front of Tiki ...

I 'll be wearing nothing but shirt and spray skirt .. all wet for you

:smoochy:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Re: Re: Incase you didn't already know...

Originally posted by laureng
Where is this place? I'm moving to Prince Frederick soon and wondered if there were any cool little joints in Northern-Calvert.
LG - for you currently take route 4 south, take the route 260 Cheasapeake Beach exit, follow it down until you hit a big curve and start looking -

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Mig, I bet ya wanna to see what I am wearing after I get out of my kayak right at front of Tiki ...

I 'll be wearing nothing but shirt and spray skirt .. all wet for you

:smoochy:
TEASE! You are always teasing me, and ya never come out and play with me!:bawl:

ThumpBumpDeDump

It's an Irish pub.

The crowd will vary every night but they have a pretty good supply of regulars. It's a good place to meet up and start the night.

Yeah, let me know what you think. I think it's great, but other people may not. :smile:

TripleJ

It's an Irish pub.

The crowd will vary every night but they have a pretty good supply of regulars. It's a good place to meet up and start the night.

Yeah, let me know what you think. I think it's great, but other people may not. :smile:
I gave Griffen's a good review last week, but in the wrong forum and was asked if I was looking for a barfly:smile: I go there all the time, Dave and Elane are great owners and have a good thing going, they planed the bar for an older peaceful crowd, thursday nights are a younger crowd on kareoke night, any way it is five minutes from the house I am renting so it is very convenient:cheers: :cheers:

SeaRide

Do you know where the Sneade Hardware store on Rt 260 is at?

Driving up rt 260 away from Chesapeake Beach, instead of making right turn for Sneade Hardware store, just turn LEFT for Griffin's Grill & Bar. It's hard to notice, though.

TripleJ

Originally posted by PFgal
Where exactly is this joint?
Rt. 260 and Horace Ward Rd, it is a little strip mall with a liquer store and Griffen's Pub, they are getting a barbar shop too, I'll be able to get drunk and get a hair cut at the same place, McNeals is the liquer store and they sell the 10 oz. budwieser cans that are popular with Red..... Really nice people in Calvert County just in case anyone wanted to know :cheers: Boyds Turn is the street on the other side of Rt260 Sneads Ace hardware is the landmark that will make it easier to find :cheers: