Pointlookout Ghost Pics / DNR reports

watercolor

yeah yeah
Well I do know that they let people do it sometimes. Craziness! Sorry. I will not fool with that. Some of those pictures are kinda scarey.

I would not mess with a seance (sp) either. IM A FRAIDY CATT!

Last edited:

Athena1078

Social Director
I spent the night at Point Lookout last November.. We didn't see anything.. we were around the light house, and the fort late at night too.. NOTHING.. I believe and all , think it would be cool to see somehting

K

Kain99

Decades ago when I was 18 the old Hotel at Point Lookout was still standing.

My genius friends and I spent an evening creeping around. I think we were in more danger of being killed in that condemed building then being attacked by ghosts but It was so much fun.

Lots of eerie noise and bumps in the night. :biggrin:

K

Kain99

Awesome Pics Barbra! I'm back on my ghost kick and have been begging people all day to go camping down at the Point with me.

From what I've seen on the net they have three campsite that are extremely haunted and hard to rent. (Those are the sites I want) :biggrin:

I can't wait! I'm going armed with my camera and Ghost Buster attitude.

K

Kain99

Campsites 137 thru 139, site of the original hospital. Sites 135-136-140-141 also report very strange happenings. :wink:

Athena1078

Social Director
we were at site 141, and no strange going ons, but we were kinda occupied all night, so there may have been stuff....

Doc

Originally posted by vraiblonde
What are "orbs"? Those round white light things in the pictures?

"Orbs" are artefacts that show up occasionally in flash photography (they tend to show up a bit easier in digital rather than film cameras, for technical optical reasons that need not concern us here).

They are caused by very tiny objects (dust, snow) that are very close to the camera. Even dust motes small enough to be invisible to the eye, if near to the camera, will reflect light from the flash, and show up as out-of focus spots of light.

There's a bit more information here , and if you search Randi's site for "orbs" you can find other descriptions of them.

I looked at the photos on the site mentioned, and they all look like these near-field reflective artefacts. Occasionally, you'll see pictures with long loopy out-of-focus thingies going through them, also passed off as ghostly photographs. These are actually the camera's wrist strap in the near field.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Well Barb- There is definate of something showing in those pic's. Weather or not it is from a flash or whatever...there is something showing. No kidding about 042703G. It also looks as if it is in motion...Also.. I may be blind.. but I am catching only 2 photos with visible 'orbs'- which would be in E and G.

such as the party at sharons. Who knows.. might have been a omen in pertaining to what happened that night. LOL

Last edited:
K

Kain99

Barb you have orbs.

To see the difference between false photo's....rain, dust, snow,moisture and the real deal. See here. click

Doc

Originally posted by Kain99
To see the difference between false photo's....rain, dust, snow,moisture and the real deal. See here. click

Maybe it's just me, but all twelve photos on that website look like reflective near-field out-of-focus artefacts. I see no difference between the "true" and "false" orbs.

I am, however, incredibly curious about the "Booger Woods" in West Virginia that are mentioned on that site. I cannot fully express my lack of surprise that someplace called "Booger Woods" is located in West Virginia.