I hate the weather here

Whadda ya think of the weather here?

• I love it!

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • It's fine

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • I don't like the tornadoes and the cold.

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • I HATE IT!!

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

EvilDruidTalena

:burning: I swear I love it here, but the weather makes muh tummy nauseated. All the tornado warnings for nothing- Nothing happened in the past week! I get so nervous about the weather till the point where I can't eat! Who else feels this way?

O Yea I'm new :cheers: *PaRTY HaRD!*

I included a pic of me!

SeaRide

Well, I don't know about you. Yesterday around 1:30pm, the first lightning hit the ground in front of my carport and then the 2nd one hit the preggy mare on the farm across from my house. Yes, the mare got fried and the neighbor had to call in the guy with a backhoe to bury the horse today. *sigh* That horse happens to be my daughter's fav one out of all of those horses out there. So, my daughter has been grieving since yesterday afternoon. She is upset about the foal being without it's mother. Oh well, that's life.

As for the weather here, I just go with the flow whether I like it or not. It just make our life more interesting that way.

K

Kain99

Oh No! I am so sorry about the horse. I hope your baby girl will heal quickly. Poor baby!

The weather the last few years has really been something. The tornado warnings scare me to death!

It's funny, I don't remember many freaky weather incidents before a few years ago. :confused:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sorry about your horse, Sea. :frown:

Being from the midwest, I thumb my nose at what constitutes "extreme" weather around here. Snow? Pah! You should see the snows they get in Nebraska. And the phrase "colder than a witch's tit" was invented in the midwest - when your skin cracks and bleeds because it's so dry and cold. Tornadoes? *snub* Try going to the flatlands for some REAL tornado action.

:howdy: EvilDruid!

K

Kizzy

I agree with vrail. I am originally from an area just outside of Pittsburgh, PA. We really don't get much snow here, but when we do, you have to worry about those drivers who are not use to driving in it.

Sea, I'm very sorry about your horse. How horrible.

willie

I've had enough rain for awhile.
yikes_backhoe.jpg

EvilDruidTalena

Hewo

Originally posted by vraiblonde

Being from the midwest, I thumb my nose at what constitutes "extreme" weather around here. Snow? Pah! You should see the snows they get in Nebraska. And the phrase "colder than a witch's tit" was invented in the midwest - when your skin cracks and bleeds because it's so dry and cold. Tornadoes? *snub* Try going to the flatlands for some REAL tornado action.

:cheers: Hey vraiblonde!

Awww I'm sorries 'bout ur horse sea............ I don't care about snow- Severe weather is what gets me feeling sick...... :bawl:
:bandit: I'll smoke a joint while the storm passes :wink:

O yea another pic of me....... (Included duh lol)
I was playing at a little club with muh band Black Ivy. (Kinda like My Brother's Place) I love bass guitar!

Attachments

• talenaiwanthairdo.jpg
    talenaiwanthairdo.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 204

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous

I'll second that notion! I'd give my right leg to have the weather in MD, rather than this crappy weather in NE! You don't know how great you have it there, ED...trust me! BTW - Welcome!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by SeaRide
the 2nd one hit the preggy mare on the farm across from my house.

She is upset about the foal being without it's mother. Oh well, that's life.
Wow! The foal survived! Poor baby without her mother.

:howdy: EDT :cheers:

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Hey Vrai. Howcome when I posted the same thing about wimpy easterners worrying about storms that wouldn't make a pimple on a midwestern (or plains, or TX for that matter) storm's butt, I got called testosterone boy? I said I stood out and watched the wimpy one last week roll in while drinking a beer and was labelled a drunk who didn't have enough sense to hide in the root celler with Auntie Em.

Oh well....

Still, there's nothing like watching a big old storm roll across the plains as long as you have somewhere to take cover if necessary. And it must be my midwestern upbringing but I would never consider a house without a basement, realtors here thought I was crazy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
JLab, you must stand up for yourself and your midwestern heritage. Drinking and watching the tornado are time-honored traditions, not to be mocked.

Where ya from, JLab?

John Z

if you will
Yeah, the weather has been a bit strange lately. But I'm trying to appreciate the rain, because just about every summer in recent history has been drought-like, and I worry about my shallow well going dry. Wonder if it'll happen again this summer? :frown:

And as far as the cold in the winter, we're usually 10 degrees warmer than where I grew up (Dayton OH), so I can't complain too much there. :cheers:

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
JLab, you must stand up for yourself and your midwestern heritage. Drinking and watching the tornado are time-honored traditions, not to be mocked.

Where ya from, JLab?

Why Illinois, of course. The "Land of Drinkin"