Well I did it

Pete

Repete
I came....I saw....I took the leap, now comes the waiting.

I got down there on Friday afternoon after dodging thunderstorms and slow pokes. I looked at a couple houses in Lusby first, then over to the listing that brought me all the way down there. Very nice to meet all of you who were there, Rose Sis of rose, Rooster, Mig, Carri, Siera, Otter, Catt.

Let me put it this way, the old addage "If it looks too good to be true it probably is." Is still true. The 7 acre listing in Hollywood was not what I was looking for. After I got all the way down there it was discovered that it was in infact an old modular that needed much work.

However, Saturday I was off to the races again. We looked at several more in Lusby and then 2 in SMC. The last one we looked at was what I was looking for, so I made an offer and it was accepted within 30 minutes. 1.3 LEVEL acres, 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath, den, garage, deck, raised ranch with huge oak trees and a babbling brook running through the back yard. Quiet street, nice neighborhood in Hollywood but belongs to the Leonardtown school district.

It's actually more house than I wanted, but to get the lot size, location, blah, blah I went for it. Besides in the future the market for a 4 bedroom will be better than a 2 bedroom.

I think boy and I will be very happy there. Now I just have to get through the giant pain in the #$%^ of getting to closing.

Last edited:
K

Kizzy

Congrats Pete. You must have a house warming party when you get settled. :cheers:

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by RoseRed
Yea!!! :thewave:

We will almost be neighbors.

Hey anyone have a reccomendation for home owners insurance? USAA must not want to insure homes anymore they were :shocked: :yikes: expensive.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by dpete2q
We will almost be neighbors.

Hey anyone have a reccomendation for home owners insurance? USAA must not want to insure homes anymore they were :shocked: :yikes: expensive.

Erie

No question about it. I've used them on two houses and they are by far the least expensive. I've put in one small claim and the customer service was excellent!

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
Without a doubt, Erie Ins Co. either Sims in LP or Mattingly in Mechanicsville. I Deal with Mattingly and have heard very nice things about Sims. Check them out !!

K

Kizzy

I know John Simms personally. Very nice man.

I have had nothing but good experiences with Erie. The first time I ever had to make any claim while insured with them was about 2 years ago. The little sh!t next door decided to shot my house with about 200 bb's. He broke windows and dented up the siding. They moved out the next day and the insurance company couldn't track him down. They had a check cut for the damage the following week. Soon after that, the tornado hit and a little pick-up truck I owned at the time was picked up and dropped. It broke 2 windows and the hail dented it up. The insurance company totaled it within 10 days and wrote another check. We bought the truck back from the insurance company because my father in law wanted it and signed it over to him. The next claim was when my husband’s brand new truck was sideswiped the day after he bought it. So in 2 years, I have made 3 claims. They have been great.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by IM4Change
I know John Simms personally. Very nice man.

I have had nothing but good experiences with Erie. The first time I ever had to make any claim while insured with them was about 2 years ago. The little sh!t next door decided to shot my house with about 200 bb's. He broke windows and dented up the siding. They moved out the next day and the insurance company couldn't track him down. They had a check cut for the damage the following week. Soon after that, the tornado hit and a little pick-up truck I owned at the time was picked up and dropped. It broke 2 windows and the hail dented it up. The insurance company totaled it within 10 days and wrote another check. We bought the truck back from the insurance company because my father in law wanted it and signed it over to him. The next claim was when my husband’s brand new truck was sideswiped the day after he bought it. So in 2 years, I have made 3 claims. They have been great.

**MENTAL NOTE** Take rabbits foot if I ever visit IM4Change:lmao: :lmao:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Well, my Nationwide increased 25% last year, and another 25% this year to over $800. So, Erie may get my phone call too!