Dunk Booth Wanted

I said DUNK, not DRUNK.

I am looking for a dunk booth for Cub Scout Day Camp next week. I know they have one at the M&W office, but it's not available next Friday. I have heard a rumor that a local bar has one. Can anyone verify this for me? Anybody know of one I can borrow/rent for the week? The lower the cost the better since it is for Cub Scouts (I have a tax ID number and will provide a reciept for tax purposes).

wineo

loving life
PM Ken King if he his still checking in on SOMDONLINE, Bucksnorts had one we used at Leonardtown Carnival and various other places. Not sure who else you could contact about that, maybe Jim Cryer at Back Road Inn would know.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I think ACE hardware in Solomons has them for rent.. and MWR has three or four of them i thought..

USNavyMike

230.00 for the day at True Value Solomons

huntr1 said:
I said DUNK, not DRUNK.

I am looking for a dunk booth for Cub Scout Day Camp next week. I know they have one at the M&W office, but it's not available next Friday. I have heard a rumor that a local bar has one. Can anyone verify this for me? Anybody know of one I can borrow/rent for the week? The lower the cost the better since it is for Cub Scouts (I have a tax ID number and will provide a reciept for tax purposes).

USNavyMike said:
230.00 for the day at True Value Solomons
Ouch! That's steep. M&W office is $55.00 a day. Thanks though.

Everybody,
I appreciate all your help. I may not say "Thank you" to you all individually, but that does not mean I don't.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
huntr1 said:
Ouch! That's steep. M&W office is $55.00 a day. Thanks though.

Everybody,
I appreciate all your help. I may not say "Thank you" to you all individually, but that does not mean I don't.
Did you find one??

It cost between $1600 and 2000 to buy one, and they want $250 day to RENT one.. maybe I should look into buying a couple myself..

Rael

Supper's Ready
Though it is a long way to drive, Andrews AFB MWR has several, not sure on the price though. 301-981-5663

Rael said:
Though it is a long way to drive...
:killingme I live in Mechanicsville and work in Silver Spring. Anything under 1.5 hours or 90 miles is a quick hop skip and a jump away.

Thanks for the info. If the BRI tank falls thru, I will check with Andrews.

Rael

Supper's Ready
Okay, I called them at Andrews. They will have two available starting Monday, July 16th. The rate is $59.00 a day, the only problem is you have to physically go there to make your reservation. And they recommend doing that today, siince this time of year they rent quickly. Another phone number for them is 301-981-4109. Good luck

SJSWING

Did you find one??

It cost between $1600 and 2000 to buy one, and they want $250 day to RENT one.. maybe I should look into buying a couple myself..

I know this is a old post, but Solomons True Value/ Just Ask Rental is cheaper then 250.00 or even 230.00 a day.... They are priced at 150.00 a 12% damage waiver, and then taxes, turns out to be around 178.00 a day. I call Jims Air in prince frederick and they are the same price.

Cryer's Back Road Inn hooked us up last summer. I am in the process of finding out from my staff people if they want it again this year and if they do, I will be giving CBRI a call. They were really great to donate the use of it and whatnot. They even put 2 new tires on it so we wouldn't have to air them up before bringing it back at the end of the week (slow leak with the old tires).

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
PM Ken King if he his still checking in on SOMDONLINE, Bucksnorts had one we used at Leonardtown Carnival and various other places. Not sure who else you could contact about that, maybe Jim Cryer at Back Road Inn would know.
That was owned by the LVFD, not Bucksnort. All we did was provide DUNKEES.