Air rifle aka pellet gun...

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
Is there any law that says I can't use one in my almost non-existant front yard?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Chain729 said:
Is there any law that says I can't use one in my almost non-existant front yard?
Depends on your local law enforcement and their interpretation of a firearm/ weapon. Some locatlities would arrest you for shooting a BB Gun or Air Rifle in your yard and charge you with "Discharging a firearm within city/ town limits"

But your question should be.. Would my neighbors call the cops on me if I fire a BBGun or Air Gun in my front yard??

Ponytail

:shrug: Someone has been shooting one in my front yard for the past few weeks now when I'm either not home or sleeping. They're bound and determined to shoot out that dayum light at the end of my driveway. 4 shots so far, bulb is hangin out of the socket and almost hanging out of the light, glass is all blown to hell and back, but it still works. :lol:

Was only 3 shots in it last week when the Sherriff came out to take a report. Noticed at least one more shot since Wednesday night. Might be two...hard to tell now. :lol: Still works.

To the shooter... YOU SUCK!!! :roflmao:

Chain729

itsbob said:
But your question should be.. Would my neighbors call the cops on me if I fire a BBGun or Air Gun in my front yard??

Then this might be a problem. Looks too much like something it's not :ohwell:

Chain729

aps45819 said:
Go ahead and shoot the neighbors cat

Not worried about the cats. I've got 3 apple trees and a pear tree. Pup protects the back yard (fenced), but two of the trees are in the front. Saw a fricken squirell running off with a pear last night :mad:

Novus Collectus

Chain729 said:
Then this might be a problem. Looks too much like something it's not :ohwell:
Even better, put a drop of oil or gasoline in the back of the pellet and you get a supersonic "crack" from the pellet and that would really get their attention.

Ponytail

Novus Collectus said:
Even better, put a drop of oil or gasoline in the back of the pellet and you get a supersonic "crack" from the pellet and that would really get their attention.

how does that work?

Novus Collectus

Ponytail said:
how does that work?
Spring air piston pellet guns increases the pressure and the heat so quick in the chamber that the oil or gasoline diesels thereby making it a firearm similar to a spud gun using aerosol as a propellant. The burning fuel air mixture expands as it would in a gasonline engine cylinder and oil and gas has a hell of a lot of energy.
It will not work in pump pellet guns because too much heat is lost in the air resovoir and not enough is there to induce the dieselling effect.

dustin

UAIOE
Novus Collectus said:
Spring air piston pellet guns increases the pressure and the heat so quick in the chamber that the oil or gasoline diesels thereby making it a firearm similar to a spud gun using aerosol as a propellant. The burning fuel air mixture expands as it would in a gasonline engine cylinder and oil and gas has a hell of a lot of energy.
It will not work in pump pellet guns because too much heat is lost in the air resovoir and not enough is there to induce the dieselling effect.
i have soooo got to try that... :lmao:

Nickel! Time for a trip to wal-mart...

Novus Collectus

dustin said:
i have soooo got to try that... :lmao:

Nickel! Time for a trip to wal-mart...
One bit of warning though, petroleum products wreak havok on the rubber seals of the chamber and the piston. Some non-petroleum products will diesel as well and I think that there is a warning when using the proper lubricant for the gun that if you use too much you will get the same effect.
If you are going to try this with petroleum products, then get a cheaper rifle or plenty of replacement parts. Those $700 dollar jobs would be a shame to abuse.

Foxhound

Finishing last
Your crossman or daisey pump action has enough power to dispatch the little suckers. I used to use on with a low power scope to hunt the critters. They make a pretty good chili. Okay chicken fried. Chili is better cause there isn't much meat on them for the frying.

(More Banjo music for Mousebaby)

Also if all you're trying to do is scare them then just pump it to the minimum recomendation, just gives them a little sting and off they run.

Chain729

Foxhound said:
Your crossman or daisey pump action has enough power to dispatch the little suckers. I used to use on with a low power scope to hunt the critters. They make a pretty good chili. Okay chicken fried. Chili is better cause there isn't much meat on them for the frying.

(More Banjo music for Mousebaby)

Also if all you're trying to do is scare them then just pump it to the minimum recomendation, just gives them a little sting and off they run.

Don't have a Crossman or Daisy, just the Beeman GS1000. And you don't pump it, it's spring piston so you only get 1000 fps out of it. Sucker has more recoil than my Marlin Model 60. :lmao: