Noise

WhiskeyGirl

I just recently moved and my new 'neighbors' like to listen to 'music' while sitting in/outside their cars next door. I can hear this music while inside with windows and doors shut. Is there anything I can do besides asking them to turn it down?

M

Mousebaby

Ask them nicely to turn it down. If that doesn't work, call the police. It's considered noise polution! I have a neighbor that does this too, we have all begged him not to do it. It took getting the police over there to get him to stop. Not everybody has that taste in music and should not have to be forced to listen to it in their own living rooms! :wench:

This_person

Buy bigger speakers, place them on your porch, and crank Mozart? At 3 AM? With a note that says "I'll stop it when you do"?

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
This_person said:
Buy bigger speakers, place them on your porch, and crank Mozart? At 3 AM? With a note that says "I'll stop it when you do"?

That was gonna be my suggestion. Get out of my head :jameo:

I was gonna say Conway Twitty though

WhiskeyGirl said:
I just recently moved and my new 'neighbors' like to listen to 'music' while sitting in/outside their cars next door. I can hear this music while inside with windows and doors shut. Is there anything I can do besides asking them to turn it down?
Call the Sheriffs dept. and report it. Tell them you don't want to be contacted.

sockgirl77

WhiskeyGirl said:
so she is saying she won't live in a neighborhood :whistle:
Guess so. After living on a farm for awhile then moving to a neighborhood, I'll never live in a neighborhood again. I want atleast 3 acres of quietness surrounding me.

poster

desertrat said:
Call the Sheriffs dept. and report it. Tell them you don't want to be contacted.

I thought there's a magic time (like till 9 or 10pm) when all have to be quiet.
Also isn't there a law about the noise level in relation to the distance from your car?

WhiskeyGirl

sockgirl77 said:
Guess so. After living on a farm for awhile then moving to a neighborhood, I'll never live in a neighborhood again. I want atleast 3 acres of quietness surrounding me.

Living on a farm would be ideal but for now I cannot afford a farm so.. for now I'll countinue to live in my hood and endure the sound of music.

WhiskeyGirl

poster said:
Also isn't there a law about the noise level in relation to the distance from your car?

I thought there was..I mean I don't want every one to be silent all day but

poster said:
True, you can report any nusiance any time you want though.