Mouse Handling

heavenly was

I am wondering how people handle their mouse. On the computer.

Thumb and ring finger only touching on either side. If you are lazy I guess your index and middle finger can rest on their respective buttons. It is also acceptable to rest your index finger on the wheel, presuming you have one. Palm stays stationary no matter what. Back and forth motion by rocking your thumb and ring figer in a synchronized motion. Only finger tips should ever touch the mouse, never palm.

The reason i ask is because i have seen the mouse click that involves raising the whole hand up and jabbing a finger as hard as one can into either of the mouse buttons, thus probably displacing the cursor 3/4 across the screen and missing the on-screen target at least 94% of the time. Mostly old people. Like you all. youre welcome.

heavenly was said:

Thumb and ring finger only touching on either side. If you are lazy I guess your index and middle finger can rest on their respective buttons. It is also acceptable to rest your index finger on the wheel, presuming you have one. Palm stays stationary no matter what. Back and forth motion by rocking your thumb and ring figer in a synchronized motion. Only finger tips should ever touch the mouse, never palm.

The reason i ask is because i have seen the mouse click that involves raising the whole hand up and jabbing a finger as hard as one can into either of the mouse buttons, thus probably displacing the cursor 3/4 across the screen and missing the on-screen target at least 94% of the time. Mostly old people. Like you all. youre welcome.

I'm not describing how I handle my mouse... But I can tell you my mouse likes it! :razz:

Cowgirl

heavenly was said:

You have way too much time on your hands....

bohman

heavenly was said:

Won't it be nice when the kids have to go back to school. Gotta keep the hooligans off the streets (and the net).

heavenly was

Cowgirl said:
You have way too much time on your hands....

You know where that time came from? I freed it up by proper mouse handling skills. Where the normal person could use their mouse for something in about 5 seconds, my level of perfection lets me do that same task in under 2.

Cowgirl

heavenly was said:
You know where that time came from? I freed it up by proper mouse handling skills. Where the normal person could use their mouse for something in about 5 seconds, my level of perfection lets me do that same task in under 2.

Go on whicha bad self...

John Z

if you will
heavenly was said:

Ah, those old people. Don't they just suck so much? :lmao:

How about people who are surfing the web and they think they have to double-click a URL?

Cowgirl

John Z said:
Ah, those old people. Don't they just suck so much? :lmao:

How about people who are surfing the web and they think they have to double-click a URL?

Yes, how ignorant they are. Don't they know that they could save a .034th of a second?! Geesh. :rolleyes: