Dr Esther Johnson...Vanished?

Hessian

My daughter's pediatrician vanished...Gone:
What happened to her records???

This Dr Esther Johnson fled southern Maryland (I don't know how many weeks/months ago) and we need some answers. She had an office in Dunkirk and in Lusby-both closed with no forwarding info.

Anybody have an idea where we can get my daughter's medical records for a new physician?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
We had the same issue when our ped was forced to close his office. We ended up going through the health dept which in turn put us in contact with the sheriff's dept and the state agency in charge of licensing dr's in the state.

It's not much but hopefully the health dept can get you in the right direction. Good luck.

Tina2001aniT

Hessian said:

This Dr Esther Johnson fled southern Maryland (I don't know how many weeks/months ago) and we need some answers. She had an office in Dunkirk and in Lusby-both closed with no forwarding info.

Anybody have an idea where we can get my daughter's medical records for a new physician?

She moved to San Antonio effective like February 1st. She didn't "flee" southern maryland, at every office visit for like three months prior they gave us a letter explaining that she was leaving and how to get the kiddo's medical records, as well as mailing the letter. I don't know how you would go about getting them now, all I know is she went to a military base in San Antonio. :shrug:

Tina2001aniT

Hessian said:

Actually I jusdt thought about it, she keeps sending me a bill for stuff that I KNOW I have paid for, I squared away with her before she left, but I am sure there is some contact info there, at least a mailing address. I will try to find a copy of it tomorrow.

nanstime

Is the whole office closed ? Wasnt she in with other doctors???or was it just she left the office? I dont see why you cant just go to the office and get them.

R

residentofcre

nanstime said:
Is the whole office closed ? Wasnt she in with other doctors???or was it just she left the office? I dont see why you cant just go to the office and get them.

Did you check with Calvert Memorial to find out if they have a forwarding address for her? If she was affiliated with the hospitals they probably have some contact information. You might also contact the local clinic like Urgent Care.

kalmd

Tina2001aniT said:
She moved to San Antonio effective like February 1st. She didn't "flee" southern maryland, at every office visit for like three months prior they gave us a letter explaining that she was leaving and how to get the kiddo's medical records, as well as mailing the letter. I don't know how you would go about getting them now, all I know is she went to a military base in San Antonio. :shrug:

I don't know anything about this doctor, but she should have sent all the patients a letter. Even if you tell your patients at visits several months prior, some people only go to the doctor once a year, so they wouldn't know.

A little OT, but late last year my hubby fell off a ladder and had a concussion. He went to the hospital and had to follow up with his doctor. Our doctor "was" in Pembrooke at one of the back door entrances. Hubby couldn't drive due to the concussion, so his Dad took drove him to the doctor. He just dropped him off and was going to run errands and would be back. Hubby went to the door of our doctor's office and they had a closed sign on it. No forwarding info or anything. I called the doctor and they had moved about 1/4 mile down the road. Hubby had to walk in the snow with a concussion to the doctor. They didn't mention moving when the appt was made.

When a doctor moves, they should send all their patients a letter informing them.

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
kalmd said:
I don't know anything about this doctor, but she should have sent all the patients a letter. Even if you tell your patients at visits several months prior, some people only go to the doctor once a year, so they wouldn't know.

A little OT, but late last year my hubby fell off a ladder and had a concussion. He went to the hospital and had to follow up with his doctor. Our doctor "was" in Pembrooke at one of the back door entrances. Hubby couldn't drive due to the concussion, so his Dad took drove him to the doctor. He just dropped him off and was going to run errands and would be back. Hubby went to the door of our doctor's office and they had a closed sign on it. No forwarding info or anything. I called the doctor and they had moved about 1/4 mile down the road. Hubby had to walk in the snow with a concussion to the doctor. They didn't mention moving when the appt was made.

When a doctor moves, they should send all their patients a letter informing them.
Not saying this to make you feel stupid, etc. BUT, since doctors around here move so much, when I go see a doctor I haven't seen in at least 4 months, I ask them if they are still in the same location. I'm proactive in most things in life.

keepsmiling

FYI-

Since we're on the topic of Doctors leaving, have you heard Dr. Nasr is now solo? Dr. Cafferty has left the practice after all these years. I was shocked.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
Tinkerbell said:
Not saying this to make you feel stupid, etc. BUT, since doctors around here move so much, when I go see a doctor I haven't seen in at least 4 months, I ask them if they are still in the same location. I'm proactive in most things in life.

Not saying this to make you feel stupid, etc. BUT, it's common sense to ask if they are in the same location if, in fact, they answer the phone/mail to answer the question. Perhaps leaving a forwarding message, or an advance mailing to patients, etc. would have been the right thing to do. Heck, I leave an "out of office" message at work when I'm not available.

If someone just moves without any forwarding address, then it's kinda hard to ask them where they are. I'm sure someone knows where she went, but I think it's terrible that no forwarding information was provided to this particular patient.

It would be difficult to be 'proactive' in this case, it would be more like being clairvoyant.:elaine: