Interesting..

demsformd

Well vrai, if you actually looked here at the poll, the numbers are in our favor. Do you know the reason that no one can name a Democrat? Maybe because it is eight months from New Hampshire and Iowa and none of the Democratic candidates are running any mass media advertisements. Of course no one knows who these guys are. Think to yourself, how many people knew who Bill Clinton was at this point? How many people knew who Jimmy Carter was at this point?

Look at these poll numbers, the American people are dumbasses. First they say by a 41%-19 margin that tax cuts would have a good effect on the economy. But then they say:
48-46 that the current tax cuts would have little or no effect on creating jobs but the tax cuts will have a good effect on the economy.
58-33 that the the tax cuts would have no effect on their personal finances but they would be good for the economy.
63% say that the 2001 tax cuts had no effect at all on the economy, yet this time, tax cuts will have a good effect on the economy.
Hello, do these people know ANYTHING or do they just provide any old answer to these questions? How can a tax cut be "good" for the economy if it does not create jobs? How can a tax cut be "good" if the tax cut would have no effect on your personal finances?

58-31 the people favor trimming the debt before tax cuts.
81-14 they say that providing health insurance is more important than tax cuts.
55% say the economy is bad right now. 58% say the economy is worse than two years ago. These are all good omens for the Democrats but there is one part of the poll that the party needs to stop: the idea that we do not have a message. It is time to be definite in our message and not providing vague generalities and merely saying that Bush is bad on the economy. The people believe that but they need an alternative and we will provide one. One already is being provided. It is time for us to be louder though and not just shutting up when Republicans say something. We have to rise up this time and stop being the smart kid in class that doesn't want to look like a geek and doesn't answer the question.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Dems, don't be ridiculous. Anyone who's not living in a vacuum should be able to say at least Kerry or Lieberman when asked to name a Democrat candidate. They've only been all over the news and talk shows. :duh:

Not that I want to give them any ideas, but if I were a Dem campaign manager, I'd have my guy praising Bush's success and saying something like, "In addition to continuing the wonderful things Bush has done, I would...(insert pet liberal causes here)". The very LAST thing I'd be doing is bashing a Prez with a 70% approval rating. And going crazy over things like the aircraft carrier landing.

The Democrats should be appealing to the middle-of-the-roaders - instead, they're going after the Bush-haters and extremists, which won't get them elected.

demsformd

Whenever you run againt a candidate, you don't do ANYTHING to say that he or she did great things. You can say I support him on this or I agree with her on that but you can never say they did great things.

Steve

Enjoying life!
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Now. If 66% of Americans polled and 64% of Democrats polled can't name a single Democratic candidate for President, why do we care what they think of the economy?

That's because the Dems haven't officially been told who to vote for yet. I wonder what the figures would have been if they had polled the Republicans to name a Democratic candidate?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:biggrin: I'm fairly sure I heard Joe "Scarborough Country" on MSNBC say that "insiders" have recently indicated Hillary has her finger in the wind, and is sniffing wildly to see which way it's blowing.
They think it might not be too late for Her Shrillness to throw Her hat into the ring.......

willie

hillary_kfcspecial.jpg