Home Heating Oil Service

F

fletch05

Looking for suggestions for a good home heating oil provider in the White Plains/La Plata area...anyone?

Rael

Supper's Ready
I use Besche, and they've been reliable. Not crazy about their inability to schedule appointment times, but I suspect most are that way (someone please tell me if your service is better). They've always been thorough and honest.

F

fletch05

Oil

Last year I used SMO. Service was fine. We were on a automatic plan and never had any problems. Cost is the real issue. They were 10 cents higher per gallon (daily rate) all winter than Besche and they are again this year. I'll probably switch this year. Anyone have any exp. with PETRO?

Besche's been pretty good. They did mess up once and let me run out last winter, but that's the first time in 20 years. Like Rael said, though, getting them to come out at a particular time for service can be tricky. I've taken off work on two occasions to meet them just to have them call and cancel (about 4 hours too late).

poster

Call Southern Maryland Oil - when you do ask about their rate lock plan.
When we built out house 5yrs ago we signed on for a 5yr rate lock and only paid 1.89 a gall. maximum for the last 5yrs. BIG savings!! Sad to say 5yrs is up and the plans a little higher and shorter now but we still use it.

capcoo

I no longer have oil, I switched over to using a pellet stove. Last year I only spent around $600 dollars to heat my house. I have to put a bag of pellets in every once and a while but I dont realy mind with the money I'm saving.:yahoo:

Dukesdad

SMO. I was on the lock in plan also; it's expired and I didn't sign up for a new one but we don't use much oil...

belvak

Happy Camper
Besche has always been good to me.

Definitely Besche. Never had a problem with scheduling for yearly service and I am on the "watchdog" plan. Have never run out of oil. We supplement with a wood stove and only use about 1 - 1 1/2 tanks a year, but regardless of the weather (i.e. cold snap) they have always been here ahead of the dreaded empty tank! Anyway, I would highly recommend them from my experience. Once (long, long ago) tried to get SMO to come to the house (before we moved to SM), and they said they wouldn't come unless we already had an account. Didn't make much sense to me since we were looking to start out with them.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
We've been with Besche for 24 years. Aside from a little trouble with the scheduling of the yearly tune-up, they are GREAT. We have the monthly plan, the yearly check-up, etc. Best rates locally, I think.

Pete

Repete
I have has SMO auto delivery for 4 years no problems. This year they charge $67 to enroll in the price lock. :boo:

Burch Oil just replaced my oil tank because SMO wanted $1350, Burch was $850.

chrissyhh

We also had SMO for many years, but when they started that 67.00 lock in fee, I started shopping. I found Burch to be the best deal this year.