hotels in the area ?

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
hello again soon to be my neighbors ...lol , I have another question ... in your opinions , what is the best hotel within 15- 20 min of the Pax River base ? Hubby will be there next weekend to look for us a home to rent and will need temporary lodging . Thanks again for all the input , its really helped give us an idea on what to expect and look for :)

watercolor

yeah yeah
Omm well there is the Hampton Inn, and also, the Extended Stay, there is also the new Sleep Inn, but that one is high! Also, you can stay at the Holiday Inn, in solomans, omm...there are a couple others....uhh...I dunno what your budget is.

But you have the

Hampton Inn- in lex pk
Sleep Inn- hollywood
Extended Stay- lex pk
holiday Inn- solomans
comfort inn - solomans

comfort suites-waldorf
holiday inn- waldorf....

goodness..there are alot in waldorf....

Rane

lol ... budget isn't a big concern , he would just like a nice clean room to stay in for however long it takes to find a place . Theres nothing worse than making a reservation online then showing up at the hotel (aka a " fleabag " hotel ) and realizing why it was $ 20 - $25 cheaper a night than the hotel down the road .

watercolor

yeah yeah
well any of those are nice...I would not ever name a flea bag hotel.

Extended Stay America, has rates for like, a week long and all, and that kinda thing....*smile*

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I've stayed at the Hampton Inn - right outside of the main gate of Pax River. Very nice hotel, good rooms, not terribly expensive - I think it was about $80 for the night. I haven't stayed at any of the others personally, but Holiday Inn in Solomons is supposed to be nice and the Sleep Inn is brand-new but it looks great from the outside.

I think Waldorf is too far - 50+ minutes to drive, so I wouldn't try them. Stick with the ones in lower St. Mary's (Lexington Park and Hollywood) and lower Calvert (Solomons) - they are between about a 5 - 20 minute drive of the base.

sgtsprout

Mr. Shud da hell up
I'd say

Stay at exsteded stay america Right next to the base. Cheapest nicest palce if ya can get a reservation. I'd stay a few places when I moved here. They have a little kitchen for ya as well.

Do not goto Super 8. Hampton Inn is good everywhere. I've stayed in probably every type of hotel around.

Make sure he stays off of Rt. 235. And he will be by the base. Stores etc. and he will find his way around.

Rane

Yes, he is military, retiring in a few weeks , WOO HOO :clap: I asked him about the Navy Lodge, he said he would rather stay off the base <shrug> there's no telling how that man's mind works LOL He will probably stay at Extended Stay , waiting on a confirmation of reservation now, but wanted to hear about other local hotels in case it has no vacancies .