contractor for building a garage

Taz

A good friend of mine is looking to build a detached garage (28 X 36) here in SMC. He lives off of Indian Bridge Road. Has anyone had one built lately and can recommend a contractor? I have seen a lot of homebuilder threads, but most of them shy away from just a garage.

Cheetah

Bathrooms

Do you recommend this same contractor for bathrooms? Looking for someone to do a fairly small job - replacing our all-in-one fiberglass tub with a similar one. We can purchase the tub @ Home Depot or Lowe's, just need someone to install.

Depending upon our budget, if contractor is very reasonable, we would consider having them remove old wallpaper/hang new paper and possibly install tile. Trying to do low-cost. :wink:

getalife2

Great Builder

If you want something great built you should talk to Jim's Custom Homes, he builds great houses and garages. He is a great person and takes pride in his work.

RodRugg

My uncle Stanley used to build stuff and he was pretty good. He builded everything from the roof down. He could make some pretty nice houses but his garages were not very good. He said it was because garages were open on one end and it made it hard to flip it over once it was finished. Sometimes he made the garage with four walls and then cut out the door after it was flipped over. Anyways, he knows some people who make pretty good garages, including some Amish people.

carolinagirl

What's it 2 U
Originally posted by RodRugg
My uncle Stanley used to build stuff and he was pretty good. He builded everything from the roof down. He could make some pretty nice houses but his garages were not very good. He said it was because garages were open on one end and it made it hard to flip it over once it was finished. Sometimes he made the garage with four walls and then cut out the door after it was flipped over. Anyways, he knows some people who make pretty good garages, including some Amish people.

So Rodd, where do I find these amish people and how do I contact them?

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by carolinagirl
So Rodd, where do I find these amish people and how do I contact them?

Did you check their website?:biggrin:

Serioiusly, they build good stuff. There's a place on Rt 6 near the Charles/St. Mary's line.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by kwillia
That narrows it down...:lol:

It's on rt 6 there are two entrances one in Charles and one in St. M's on the east bound side. Why don't you look in the phone book?:biggrin: