Bushel of Crabs

aaltiere

Does anyone know any local watermen that I can buy a bushel of crabs from this Sunday? I live in LaPlata so I don't really want to drive too far but I also figured it was cheaper to buy them direct.

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
I don't know if they do it in Charles County, but when I go to WaWa or something like that I see people advertising on the bulletin boards

PJumper

aaltiere said:
Does anyone know any local watermen that I can buy a bushel of crabs from this Sunday? I live in LaPlata so I don't really want to drive too far but I also figured it was cheaper to buy them direct.

I always get crabs from the McKays (301-872-5458) by St James church on 235 past Spring Ridge MS.

PJumper said:
Are we talking about the same crabs(crustacean) here?
I've only ever noticed imported crab legs at McKay's. It never crossed my mind to call them and order up a dozen crabs. Are the A1 males?

Buckets

@SOMD_Nationals
kwillia said:
I've only ever noticed imported crab legs at McKay's. It never crossed my mind to call them and order up a dozen crabs. Are the A1 males?

That is their last name. They actually live in Ridge nice ol' folk. Have never been disappointed with them.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
kwillia said:
Not the McKay's (store) that you're thinking about.

tastycake

Try Sam's Crabs in Newburg, 301-259-4202. Nice local people. They are located about 1-2 miles off the road you take to Cobb Island...is that 257?

PJumper

Buckets said:
That is their last name. They actually live in Ridge nice ol' folk. Have never been disappointed with them.

Thanks for the back up. It didn't come me that it could cause confusion. Sorry Kwilla.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
We bought crabs last weekend - the price was :shocking: .

per bushel:
$150 for #1's
$100 for #2's

We got ours from Kellam's Seafood in Ridge.

PJumper

BadGirl said:

per bushel:
$150 for #1's
$100 for #2's

He is the McKays' son in law, I was told. Not bad prices, but you can them cheaper from his in-laws about 1/4 mile down the side road.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Deal!!!

BadGirl said:

per bushel:
$150 for #1's
$100 for #2's

...up here they were $48 a dozen mixed 1 and 2 males last year. I don't even wanna look now.

sadkins3

Crabs

My husband, Ryan, sells a bushel of crabs for $100. Mixed sizes. All male. His cellphone is 240-427-8385. He also sells them by the 1/2 bushel. We are in Hollywood, MD and not opposed to meeting half way (maybe Rt 5 & Rt 6 in New Market??).

ImnoMensa

If you go to Clements, at the 4 way stop sign there is a trailer that sells seafood . Ask Nace Farrell for a bushel. He gives a fair bushel for a fair price.

Its right at 234 and 242. A good old 7th District boy, worked all his life on the water and his wife serves a good lunch too.