Wine Tasting

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
@ Marketplace Wine and Spirits in Leonardtown. Sat evening from 5-9 the featured wines are from Jindalee Estates and Rex Goliath. They are also having a micro brew tasting the featured libations are products from Backfin and Hop-ocalypse. The best part......

it's free!

Tonights selections here at the Port of Indecision: Penn Pilsner, Sam Adams Hefeweizen and SA Black Lager.:cheers:

Mikeinsmd

kom526 said:
@ Marketplace Wine and Spirits in Leonardtown. Sat evening from 5-9 the featured wines are from Jindalee Estates and Rex Goliath. They are also having a micro brew tasting the featured libations are products from Backfin and Hop-ocalypse. The best part......
it's free!
Tonights selections here at the Port of Indecision: Penn Pilsner, Sam Adams Hefeweizen and SA Black Lager.:cheers:
How's the Black Lager?

kom526

Mikeinsmd said:
How's the Black Lager?
Almost like a lighter version of Guiness or maybe closer to Murpy's Irish Stout, very malty and extremely smooth, finishes sweet and a little crispy.

This could get ugly:otter: :lmao:

Mikeinsmd

kom526 said:
Almost like a lighter version of Guiness or maybe closer to Murpy's Irish Stout, very malty and extremely smooth, finishes sweet and a little crispy. This could get ugly:otter: :lmao:
Leave a bottle on ice on the end of your pier tomorrow around 12:30ish.....

I'm heading to Dennis Point & will swing by.

Oh, leave a Penn too. TIA :lol:

kom526

Mikeinsmd said:
Leave a bottle on ice on the end of your pier tomorrow around 12:30ish.....

I'm heading to Dennis Point & will swing by.

Oh, leave a Penn too. TIA :lol:
No pier here other than the gubbmint pier, :nomoney: I try to stay away from tropical storm and hurricane bait.

I don't know if they are calling for any wind tomorrow... :killingme I'll keep my 10x70's open for ya, you have a Sonic right?

Mikeinsmd

kom526 said:
No pier here other than the gubbmint pier, :nomoney: I try to stay away from tropical storm and hurricane bait.

I don't know if they are calling for any wind tomorrow... :killingme I'll keep my 10x70's open for ya, you have a Sonic right?
SAT
SW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT BECOMING SOUTH IN THE AFTERNOON. WAVES
1 FT.

Yep.... May be stopping at the lil beach down from the pier so the lil one can swim.

:yay:

Mikeinsmd

kom526 said:
Maybe I'll stroll on down :beersonice: and toss one back w/ ya.
Haven't nailed down the time yet but I can buzz your estate on the way around. Start walkin when you hear the sound of 30 GPH thru fuel lines. :lmao:

(Tide will dictate how close)

unixpirate

Pitty Party
Who's Going?

kom526 said:

it's free!

:howdy:

dbquad1993

How often do they have these? We went to a place called the Virginia Wine Experience in Fredericksburg, Va this past weekend. Bought 4 bottles. And, fully enjoying the benefits right now so please excuse any spelling errors! I would love to attend these. Do they have a mailing list that lets you know early enough to get a babysitter? TIA!

GopherM

Darwin was right
Mr

dbquad1993 said:
How often do they have these? We went to a place called the Virginia Wine Experience in Fredericksburg, Va this past weekend. Bought 4 bottles. And, fully enjoying the benefits right now so please excuse any spelling errors! I would love to attend these. Do they have a mailing list that lets you know early enough to get a babysitter? TIA!

:otter: Just got back from the first tasting with a pretty good selection of Australian and California wines. Nothing big, expensive or fancy, but a good offering. According the the manager, they plan on trying weekly tastings. Guess we'll have to wait and see how that works out. For a new start-up operation, they have a pretty good selection with a selection to suit everyone's taste from the Sutter Homes line to higher end Reserve wines and matching price tags. They even offer selections of Maryland and Virginia wines.

kom526

Mikeinsmd said:
I buzzed ya but only saw somebuddy lying on the bank passed out. :lmao:
What time? I heard/saw a loud boat pass by around 1-1:30, we headed down to the beach @ 2 and no boats other than Bo's Mako on the lift.:shrug: Maybe next time. The komlet and I were trimming back some branches all morning to get a better view of what I'm paying for. :lmao:

GopherM

Darwin was right
dbquad1993 said:
Are they in downtown (I'm in Calvert but willing to travel for certain Va. wines)? If not, where are they?

They are located rigth next to the Salsa Mexican Restaurant in the old Mattingly Grocery Store building. They advertised they would run the tasting until 9 PM tonight so you still got time.